It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:05 pm

Free Newsletter

leave no other option

Tell us how you keep motivated to exercise regularly.

Moderator: Moderators

leave no other option

Postby Adro » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:04 am

another thing that is very successful is getting people to leave there cars behind (giving partner keys works well) so that you have no other means of getting to work other then walking either to work or to the station,
you see fear motivation is what makes us go to work, even if we hate our job we still get up each day and do it because we need to pay the mortgage or what ever else and so if we dont get to work we dont get paid or get fired and then were up s...t creek.

but with training we still live if we dont do it (or do we?) so i make people leave no other option then to walk to work or the station everyday in order to get to work, and then the beauty is that they then need to walk home as well so they are getting 2 work outs a day and not even noticing it.

if showering is a problem then make the walk to work a little easir so the sweat isnt as bad and then aim to get home in 3/4 of the time, thats a great workout. and you have to do it at least the days you work.
the only way to reach your goal is to never give up.
I did it and so can you!
Adro

Postby Mandie » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:06 am

very true.. I often did that, leaving my car at home but staying at my boyfriends house, so i had to walk to and from the train station each day... you cant skip the workout if you have to get to uni!
Mandie

Postby Chelle » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:30 am

I would love to do that all the time but when you have little kids that cant walk as far as I would like them to do, it's hard but I do alot of incedential exercise like park the car as far away as possible they dont mind that. Or I wait for hubby to get home from work & if I need to go to the shop's I walk then. Other thing is I go to the gym & leave the kids at child minding & have a great exercise workout without the kids bothering me.
Chelle

Postby Mandie » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:17 pm

I think you do a great job Chelle, as do everyone else on here with young kids - it's so much harder when you have to worry about them as well! But you are doing fantastic :)
Mandie

Postby chubba momma » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:17 pm

i dont drive a car, so thats why i love my walking and why i get exercise everyday too cause i got my double pram and me and the kids are off! :D

Definatley good advice adro! :D
NO MORE EXCUSES!!
chubba momma

Postby electrongirl » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:55 pm

I wish I could walk to work, but its a 30 minute drive so walking is kind of out of the question!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby rivenriver » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:24 pm

electrongirl wrote:I wish I could walk to work, but its a 30 minute drive so walking is kind of out of the question!

Haha - I'm the same, when I'm at home. 25km up and down hills is a little too far!!! At uni though I manage to almost never drive. :)
rivenriver

Return to Exercise Motivation