It is currently Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:50 pm

Free Newsletter

Tell us how you keep motivated to exercise regularly.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby kitty_with_rolls » Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:44 pm

Firstly Hello :D And thanks for taking the time to read this... Well i want to know if theres anyone out there who knows how to Get up in the Morning to go for a walk. Its really cold where i live, so its very hard!!! Thank you..
Charlene. Mwah!!!

Postby Dolly » Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:29 pm

Hi Kitty, welcome to the forum!
If you have a shop relatively close, you could walk there to buy the ingredients for that evenings dinner.
That way you'd have to go for that walk.

My husband walks at 5 am brrrr when it's dark and raining.
I have to wait until 10 am.
If walking or exercising in the freezing winter weather isn't your thing,
you could always just cut your food intake down a little to lose weight instead.

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:43 pm

How cold are we talking? 1 degree C? That's how cold it is sometimes when I get up to ride my bike to work at 7am.

I think it's just a matter of getting yourself into the habit of doing it. Before I got my bike I got into the habit of getting up at 6:30am every morning and going for a walk/run for 45min before going to work. Was hard, but after a while it just became routine.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Postby KimE » Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:44 pm

Sorry, I am no help here. Morning exercise just isn't for me. Instead I found I could fit my daily walk into my lunch break as I have an hour.

Tegan is right though make it a habit and then it will simply be something you do as part of your daily routine. People at work now don't bother asking me to come to lunch as they know I will be walking. Oh, and I think the common saying is it takes 21 days to create a habit. Good luck.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs

Postby Angel » Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:55 pm

Sorry I'm a morning grouch too!

KimE idea gets my vote, a walk at lunchtime.

Also, have you considered hiring a treadmill over winter - then you won't have the excuse - it's too cold, too wet etc

Sorry I can't be more help,

Postby mandymoo » Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:48 pm

Argh, I am another one that HATES getting up in the morning! But the other morning I DID get up and did a half an hour on the treadmill. I felt pretty good after that! But mostly I do my walking or cycling in the evenings. And EVEN THEN it's a struggle because I'm am just so unmotivated! But I persevere and I'm beginning to just grin and bear it.

Good luck!

Postby roxy » Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:37 am

well i also hate getting up in the morning, but boyfriend leaves for work at around 6.30am so i get up to say goodbye to him and it just seems silly to go back to bed so i get my dog and we go for a 1/2 hr walk. i have found now though that it has kind of become a habit, it is much easier besides i have my dog's weight to think about as well lol :D

i think you just have to get into the habit, oh and wear a beanie :P

good luck

Return to Exercise Motivation