It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:42 am

Free Newsletter

I get really bored

Tell us how you keep motivated to exercise regularly.

Moderator: Moderators

I get really bored

Postby grugwashere » Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:21 pm

i find it hard to be motivated to excercise because its so boring at the gym, i even find just going for a walk boring... can anyone suggest some fun and relatively easy to do/access excersises?
thanks
:D Joan
grugwashere

Postby Dolly » Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:09 pm

Hi Joan. When I get bored from exercise (and it does happen) I just put on my favourite up tempo dance music and dance to about 5 songs.
Dolly

Postby SarahC » Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:28 am

There's a class at the gym called "Body Jam", which is apparently based on dance moves. I've not been, but it looks like fun 8)

How about going to the gym, or walking, with a friend? That way you'd have someone to talk to and you could motivate each other to keep going :)

If there's any sports that you like doing... maybe joining a club?
SarahC

Postby KimE » Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:42 pm

I agree with Dolly dancing is excellent fun, try and keep yourself moving the whole time or perhaps buy a dancing aerobic DVD.

Body Jam is a great class. I was doing it every Saturday for a while but found it hard to fit in now due to house cleaning and shopping etc.

Challenge yourself. If you are jumping on the same machine and doing the same it would be boring as well as your body will adapt to it and it will become easy. Increase the exercise in some way by even 1% each time you go. Maybe doing smaller sessions on various machines. 10 mins treadmill, 10 mills cross trainer, 10 mins bike. Do a circuit if your gym has a circuit room. That usually takes you through approx 10-15 different types of machines and is both cardio and strength work. Workout with a friend to motivate that seems to work well for a lot of people. Try the different classes at the gym usually the instructors are able to motivate and inspire you to do your best.

Hope you find something you enjoy.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Garfield » Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:50 pm

I'm having the same issue. Recently joined a gym and had a weights program made out for me, but it's so boring. I used to do aerobics and stuff which was never boring because the instructor was always entertaining. Could be something to do with working out with other people as well, stops you from going out of your mind.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Garfield

Postby KimE » Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:12 am

I love the weights. I can feel my progression there better than anywhere else. Not necessarily see it mind you! :lol:
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Garfield » Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:17 pm

Maybe I'm getting tired of weights because I've been doing this program for a few weeks and don't feel any different. Last time I was doing weights I made a lot more progress a lot faster and that really motivated me.
Anyways, that is true ^^ when you feel yourself achieving something that is always great as motivation.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Garfield

Postby Chelle » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:02 pm

I'd fine when I'm on the tread mill or the bike at the gym I read a magazine or 2 it make's the time fly
Chelle

Return to Exercise Motivation