It is currently Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:17 am

Free Newsletter

Boot Camp and my story

Tell us how you keep motivated to exercise regularly.

Moderator: Moderators

Boot Camp and my story

Postby aliciacooper » Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:12 pm

I am new to forum just joined today and I wanted to share my experience with Boot Camp. Until about three years ago I was very active and loved being outdoors and exercise, since finishing uni and getting an office job I started to put on weight and had less time to exercise!!! I kept on saying tomorrow I will start a diet and eat MY FINAL bad Meal, but tomorrow never came just my final meals and I put on 15 kilos until I am now 71 and for my size thats is very big!!!! I missed my love of exercise and decided to join Boot Camp we meet saturday mornings 6.30am for an hour, our first session was only last saturday and I LOVE LOVE LOVED IT!!!! it was very hard and I went to bed at 7pm that night!!! It goes for six weeks of which I am hoping to lose six kilos for, I started weight watchers as well to manage my nutrition in conjuction with Boot Camp, a couple of us from Bootcamp decided to meet twice a week to run as well. I am soooo looking forward to this saturday even though its early as it is a great start to the day and group exercise it great, no mattter you size or shape, so if you are looking for structured , fast, exciting exercise Boot Camp is for you!!!!! Dont worry I am not the fittest person at the moment and you do things at your own pace and our trainer does not scream and yell at you, although if you are found with your hands on hips you do have to do 20 Push ups
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
aliciacooper

Postby KimE » Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:15 pm

Yeah I keep wondering about Boot Camp as they have it at the gym I go to. Hmmm may have to jump in some time for an extra exercise boost.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Dolly » Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:21 pm

Sounds like hard work congratulations Alicia. I'm afraid they'd chuck me out if I tried to join because of my shoulder and neck injury some days I cannot move.

I really admire you for finding a group that will help you lose weight. What state of Australia are they located in?
I only knew of Oprah's online boot camp, (I signed up a couple of years ago and then forgot about it)
I had no idea there was a real one that met and did real workouts.
Dolly

Postby SarahC » Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:41 pm

Hi Alicia. Glad you're enjoying your Boot Camp. It must be great getting back into excercising :)

I used to love group excercise, and couldn't get enough of my aerobics classes. Then, I joined the Navy... and experienced real Boot Camp! We had EMA (Early Morning Activity) every morning, starting off at about 5:45am, in the dark and cold. Some activities were just dreadful, like practicing for the swim test, diving into the icy cold water in the dark in oversized heavy overalls! Or, marching for what felt like miles with our backpacks and boots. And, yes, 20 pushups for anyone caught with hands on hips or crossed arms!! (Gosh, it was hard to not have crossed arms in that cold!)

I'd so love to go back to an aerobics class, but I just can't make myself! I'm just happy to go along doing my own thing... I like deciding what I am going to do, when I am going to to it, and how hard I'm going to work :) I still get up at that time though and do my own "EMA"... looks like the habit stuck :lol:

It must be fun doing the boot camp because you want to, not because you have to 8)
SarahC

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:58 am

:shock: thats great that you have found something you enjoy doing. i dont think its for me though. i hated P.E at school having to run with other girls and that sort of thing. it isnt fun for me. :) but its great that it works for you!!!
kate_turner2000

Boot Camp

Postby aliciacooper » Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:44 am

Hi Dolly,

I live in NSW - the Central Coast it is run by a trainer at a local gym, apparantly there are lots of boot camps everywhere, I know fitness first does them, they are a pretty big gym with locations in nearly every state I think :D :D :D :D :D
[/url]
aliciacooper

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:10 am

hi alicia
im on the central coast too, whereabouts are you?
kate_turner2000

Central Coast

Postby aliciacooper » Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:30 am

Howdy,

I live out at Dooralong Valley so not really near a gym or anything so getting my butt moving for exercise is extra hard!!!!
[/url]
aliciacooper

Return to Exercise Motivation