It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:07 pm

Free Newsletter

Next step-to add exercise!!!and get motivated!!

Tell us how you keep motivated to exercise regularly.

Moderator: Moderators

Next step-to add exercise!!!and get motivated!!

Postby nicegal » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:45 pm

Hi y'all!
Been on my diet just a little over a week. Lost a kg from cutting down my portions and having healthier choices. Haven't done any exercise yet. I just dont know where i can fit it into my schedule since i work and i have children.. and on my days off i feel tired so do housework then lay on the lounge watch tv and have a nap before i pick up my children. And they also have after school sports & activities. So the whole joining the gym keeps getting postponed.

Whats a good workout/exericise plan that you can do at home, besides walking?

And also i do have Wii Fit Plus, haven't used it since i bought it (i bought it for the reason to work out at home) as i thought after trying it that it might not be doing enough when it comes to exercise...(not as good as being on an exercise machine or something.) For half hour didn't seem like i'd lost many calories. If you think the Wii Fit Plus does have some benefit feel free to comment. But i still need some other home ideas too if u have any :)
nicegal

Re: Next step-to add exercise!!!and get motivated!!

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:37 pm

Skipping. Seriously. Get your kids out with one of those big ropes and make it family time. Guaranteed to make you sweat.

Also, if the kids are doing sports, can you join in? If it's outdoors, start doing laps while they're playing (most kiddy ovals would have enough clearance to do that).

Pick up a cheap 2nd hand exercise bike that someone's finally admitted to themselves they don't actually use and give it a new lease on life - sit on that and pedal while you're veging in front of the telly.

10 to 1 the "tired" thing is not really a problem. You'd be surprised how much energy doing exercise actually GIVES you. Do it in the morning if it's really that bad, that way if you have to flop in the arvo, it's already done.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Return to Exercise Motivation