It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:56 am

Free Newsletter

Help! need some motivation - want to be my buddy?

Tell us how you keep motivated to exercise regularly.

Moderator: Moderators

Help! need some motivation - want to be my buddy?

Postby LittleMsStyle » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:14 pm

Hi everyone,

So here is my story - I am a single mum who works full time that needs to lose weight. I'm 168cm tall and about 82kg. I've been dieting for about a month (started at 86kg) and doing Lite n Easy - which I love doing - but it is hard to stay strict on myself.

Given my personal circumstances I have very little time/money/flexibility for professional excercise programs/gyms etc. Last night for the first time in months, I did some excercise. I downloaded a zumba dvd and did it in my lounge room after my kids have been put to bed (about 8pm). Today I have woken up sore and stiff but feeling great because of it.

Here's the thing - I want to keep doing the excerices - but knowing myself I get home from work all day and battle with my kids to do dinner/baths/bedtime and then all I want to do it sit down and relax. But I want to be motivated to excercise. Like going to the gym - it's more motivating if you're meeting someone there - it commits you to going. So I'm looking for someone who wants to commit online for the same sort of thing. I was thinking perhaps either via email or a fitness/weight app - could share weekly weigh ins, excercise routines, reminders, diet etc.

Help please - I hope I can find someone who's like me and understands how I feel.
LittleMsStyle

Re: Help! need some motivation - want to be my buddy?

Postby DD Diva » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:56 pm

Hey LittleMsStyle,

You've got a forum full of "buddies" here!!! :wink:

Goodness me, with a full time job and little ones to feed, bathe and put to bed you're probably doing the equivalent of a 5km run around the football oval as it is!!! :lol:
But hey, I know where you're coming from, and of course, exercise (the real kind? not the motherhood stuff) is a healthy part of any weight loss program.

Keep up the good work (on all counts)!! :D
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:32 pm

Sounds like you should sign up to our current three month challenge (it is just starting). Encouragement at your finger tips...and the price is right - it's free! The Challenge will keep you motivated - specially the weekly weigh ins (you can choice your own day) and accountable. :D

Being overweight is such an isolating thing - and trying to lose seems sometimes it is like its you against the world! But it doesn't have to be that way. Here is a place of like minded people; tackling the same problems that you are having. You don't have to reinvent the wheel...you can find helpful suggestions to make your journey better.

There is a whole multi-million dollar (maybe even in the billions!) weight loss industry out that is trying to sell you the weight loss solution - for a price! Many people have come to believe the only way to have success is by parting with lots of money. I'm here to tell you that it is a lie. You don't have to pay any serious money to have success. There is a price to pay but that price has nothing to do with your pocket. It will cost you the one thing that most people aren't prepared to give...willingness to change your lifestyle.

I never joined a gym. I never consulted a nutritionist. I never hired a personal trainer. I never order specially prepared foods or replacement meal shakes. I never bought a diet book or joined a diet plan. I never saw a consultant at weight loss support clinic. I never underwent drastic expensive surgery to reduce my food intake. I never took diet pills or dubious herbs or vitamins. None of these things at all...yet I was able to lose 87kg in 60 weeks and keep it off for over two years (and still counting). It is not about affordability...it is about willingness to change. If you are willing to change - you will find a way. 8)

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:31 am

Blitz wrote: I never joined a gym. I never consulted a nutritionist. I never hired a personal trainer. I never order specially prepared foods or replacement meal shakes. I never bought a diet book or joined a diet plan. I never saw a consultant at weight loss support clinic. I never underwent drastic expensive surgery to reduce my food intake. I never took diet pills or dubious herbs or vitamins. None of these things at all...yet I was able to lose 87kg in 60 weeks and keep it off for over two years (and still counting). It is not about affordability...it is about willingness to change. If you are willing to change - you will find a way. 8)

Unlike Kim, I "have" done all the above, over and over and over again!!! :oops: But NOT THIS TIME because precisely as he says...you have to be willing to make lifestyle changes and by doing that (forget the temporary fixes) you are well on your way to beating your weight problems once and for all!!! :wink:
DD Diva

Return to Exercise Motivation