It is currently Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:46 pm

Free Newsletter

Lagging Some Days - Does this happen to you?

Tell us how you keep motivated to exercise regularly.

Moderator: Moderators

Lagging Some Days - Does this happen to you?

Postby Pinkie » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:20 am

Hi Guys

Just a question mainly. I've been exercising non stop over the last two weeks and can feel myself increasing in stamina and getting stronger. I'm loving it. I get out of bed in the morning and initially I think 'oh I'm knackered' but I motivate myself to get up and get going.

Yesterday I was exhausted. We had had 2 late nights, and very active days so I didn't do my workout in the morning but kept busy all day with housework and racing around. This morning I got up and felt better after a full night's sleep, yet when I was on the crosstrainer I really had to push myself. I hadn't eaten the wrong things yesterday so I don't think it was that, and I felt good after a good night's sleep so I just don't know why it was so hard? Surely after just one day I couldn't have been lagging that bad?

It is hot already outside and while I did do my jog/powerwalk as usual after my crosstrainer, I just couldn't push myself to do the normal length. I really worked up a sweat so I don't think I was being lazy. Is it just one of those things?

LOL I guess I get worried so easily because I work so hard at building my stamina and just don't want to see it unravel so easily. I love my workouts and it won't deter me, just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?
Pinkie xx

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wBH58xg/]
[/url]
Pinkie

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:51 am

hi marnie i think its just your bodys way of saying that its tired. with the late nights and busy lifestyle sometimes you need to sit down for 5 minutes ya know ? and you have kids so i know you are running around after them a lot of the time and i get tired running after my girl too. sometimes im full of energy and other times i feel 'blah'. do you take a multivitamin at all? maybe you might need that extra 'boost'
kate_turner2000

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:22 pm

Yup - happens to everyone!
Sometimes I'm buzzing around feeling on top of the world and running around everywhere.
Sometimes I feel like going to sleep. Like after my bike ride today, I was in kind of a daze wandering around the shops and now I'm feeling quite flat! Probably because it's the end of a week and I worked 6 days this week as well as having pretty hard workouts each day and having other things to do.

A multivitamin may help you, or you could try Berocca Performance, that stuff is pretty good (although it turns your pee flourescent!!!)

Em
zeedeveelgirl

Postby slimmindown » Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:20 pm

Ive also had that happen for no apparent reason. One day I went for my normal walk and only got 25 mins in,(normally do an hour) and felt exhausted and came home. I wondered whether or not I was brewing a cold, but nothing eventuated and within a couple of days all was back to normal. Just one of those things I guess 8)
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby KimE » Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:36 pm

I have found this happens from time to time. If I am overly tired and have a few late nights it affects my workouts, I find them hard to get through.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Pinkie » Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:41 pm

Ahhhhhh well I'm so pleased to see I'm not the only one! Yep I'm taking a multi vitamin (thanks for the tip) and I might try the Berocca, I've heard it works well. So thanks guys.

I'm still feeling really tired. I've just done 2.5 hours with the boys doing grocery shopping. I asked them to wait until we got food in the house before we had lunch and they were so good. When I got home I saw the time was after 2pm :shock: and gave them lunch. I put everything away and made myself a small salad as I know we eat early for tea and didn't want to have too much. Now I'm going to grab my book and lie down for a while. Whatever it is, I hope it passes because I want to be back to normal by tomorrow!! :D
Pinkie xx

[/url]
Pinkie

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:33 pm

you just need a good night sleep marnie :) shopping is always a long expedition with kids! i just keep feeding heidi and she is happy in her pram yelling at everyone! hope your boys arent like that! haha.
kate_turner2000

Postby Pinkie » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:40 pm

Well my youngest is easier because I just have to put food in front of him and he's ok, but my oldest gets bored so quickly. He's 6 and its just too long and boring. I get them both involved but it was a long time and they were good for the most part.

I actually fell asleep this afternoon and slept for about half an hour and feel better. Yep I think you're right Kate. I'll go for another good night's sleep and hopefully I'll be back on board tomorrow. :D
Pinkie xx

[/url]
Pinkie

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:54 am

sounds good marnie- hope you slept well and you are feeling fresh and pumped for a new day :)
kate_turner2000

Return to Exercise Motivation