It is currently Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:16 pm

Free Newsletter

IPOD

Tell us how you keep motivated to exercise regularly.

Moderator: Moderators

IPOD

Postby Chelle » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:55 pm

I want to buy an ipod when I go to Hong Kong it 2 weeks. Is there any specific one I should buy coz I heard some of them break when you excercise like you can't run on the Tradmill with them things like that...

Also what is the best site to download songs for the ipod???
Chelle

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:23 am

my fiance uses itunes to download songs from. not sure about the best one to buy. most people i know who have different ipods to the next person have had problems with them. battery life and that sort of thing.
kate_turner2000

Postby electrongirl » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:33 am

I'll do some research for you and let you know!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby electrongirl » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:46 am

ok I have had a look and it looks like the iRiver is probably the better out of them.

Also another good one:

Toshiba gigabeat MES30V
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby Jisgone » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:21 am

i got a $30 one from kmart, it takes aaa batteries and holds about 60 songs :) i didnt want to buy an ipod ive heard so many bad reports about them breaking and not being under warranty
Jisgone

Postby electrongirl » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:30 am

I've got an iPod, one of the older iPod minis. I love it and have had no problems with it... however I know alot of people that have. So I wouldn't get one again.

I have heard good things about iRiver, Creative Zens and the Toshiba one.

I subscribe to Choice magazine online so I did a search and they recommend either the iRiver or the Toshiba.

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby Chelle » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:01 am

Thank's for your help everyone... I'll keep that in mind niki when I'm over there
Chelle

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:03 am

If you're going to be running on the treadmill, go for the Nano or Shuffle, because the others have a lot of problems with skipping and bouncing around because they have hard drives and shouldn't be jiggled around!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby KimE » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:25 pm

I bought an Ipod Nano on Sunday and so far so good. Choice does say the iRiver performs better so that is something to think on. I previously used a Creative Zen which was fantastic and when I bought it I could get 6GB for the same price as the iPod 2GB so that worked great for me and I didn't want to use it for anything but music whereas the iPods do lots of other stuff.

The reason I went for an iPod this time around is I have recently purchased an iMac and I know 100% that they will be compatible. I also got an armband thingy to hold it whilst working out.

Oh and if you get a creative Zen don't stick it down you bra when you are working out....they don't like to get that hot! :shock:
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Pinkie » Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:55 pm

I've got an iPod mini which I bought about 2 years ago. Never had a problem with it. Plus I've dropped it a couple of times and the bottom looks like its going to fall out but still works like a charm!! I think I got lucky by the sounds of things! I can't live without mine, especially when I'm on my treadmill :D
Pinkie xx

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wBH58xg/]
[/url]
Pinkie

Postby Donk » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:57 pm

electrongirl wrote:ok I have had a look and it looks like the iRiver is probably the better out of them.

Also another good one:

Toshiba gigabeat MES30V

iRiver is the go, I purchased a 6gb iRiver back in November for $275, it also has video, which is pretty useless anyway, as the screen is so small.

I chose the iRiver over the iPod as it was cheaper and I have heard great things about them, haven't had any problems with mine, it gives me some good company while going on my lunch walks, I've actually been podcasting a few of my favourite radio programs (The Cage, The Shebang, Hamish and Andy) to keep my company.
Donk

Postby Chelle » Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:07 am

What is podcasting donk? I'm a bit behind the times with these gadgets
Chelle

Postby Donk » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:08 am

Chelle wrote:What is podcasting donk? I'm a bit behind the times with these gadgets

Basically radio stations will compile the best bits of their shows into an mp3 file each day, available for download. You need som podcasting software or use a web Browser like Mozilla, which can automatically download the mp3 file for that day, transfer it to your iPod/iRiver/whatever and you're right to go!
Donk

Postby Ally » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Good grief I am with you Chelle!! All sounds a bit too technical for me!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby sharmie » Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:39 pm

I have creative zen and it works really well. whenever i'm walking around the city on a break from uni i stick it down the front of my bra and it does alright, you just need to make sure you put it screen side in, i've almost lost the back a coupple of times coz i has stuck coz of the sweat though. I've heard the best things about iRiver and the worst about ipods, lots of friends of mine have had troubles with the battteries carcking it after the warraty has run out and one had a shuffle which one day just wouldn't work coz all the files had mysteriously been corrupted...
Sharmie :wink:

sharmie

Next

Return to Exercise Motivation