It is currently Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:54 pm

Free Newsletter

IPOD

Tell us how you keep motivated to exercise regularly.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby milkyway » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:12 pm

I hate the iTunes software. I am a whizz at computers, even spent quite a few years designing applications and websites, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to work iTunes - it is the most counter-intuitive program I have ever come across :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby KimE » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:50 pm

I think it's just like anything new, takes some getting used to.

Having bought a Mac recently, the first I've ever used, I am finding that with a lot of things. Now I am finally starting to fly around this machine, I loves it!

The biggest problem with iTunes is how easy it is to buy songs. :roll: Have to keep an eye on that.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby grugwashere » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:04 pm

I have a 30 GB ipod video... besides the fact it cost 500 bucks when i got (xmas pressie from the parents) i have had a few probs.... it sometimes glitches and just stops working..for maybe 5 mins sometimes more.. but other than that theres nothing wrong with it...

an ipod battery however only lasts about 2 years if you are lucky... then it starts to deteriorate.. and i hate iTunes with and undying passion...

in regards to nanos, if u are going to buy one you should alos get a metal carry case... or a simsilar firm material as they are so thin they break in half at the screen.

my bf's little sister got a nano and she has had nothing but trouble with it.. in the enmd they replaced it for her.
SW:91kg
CW:75kg
GW: Somwhere in the 60's for now

Next mini goal:73kg
grugwashere

Postby vanessa0305 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:51 pm

I want to know if anyone is using the Ipod Nano and the nike+? I was thinking if I was still running at christmas time I might ask hubby to buy me the sports kit. I have heard some good things on the cool runnings site. But would love to hear any reviews on this system anyone might have!
Vanessa

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/woi7sgh/]
[/url]
vanessa0305

Postby KimE » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:01 pm

I was thinking briefly of buying it myself but then figured I don't really need it. Have since heard that they are not that great but the person didn't expand on why, can't even remember who told me so I am not much help really. :?
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby loveat116 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:22 pm

I have had... 3 kinds of iPods and never had a problem with one of them.

First I had an iPod nano 2gb. This one was great because you can get heaps of accerssories so you can run with it. Then for my birthday I got a 30GB video - good but was way too heavy to run with. Now I have a 1GB iPod shuffle, its TINY and just clips onto my clothes when I run.

I would recomend the iPod shuffle, they're around $100 but have good battery life and great to run with. Sound quality is good.

Everyone says iPods are crappy, but they seriously have gotten better in the past few years.
Starting Weight: 62kg Current Weight: 55.0kg Goal Weight: 54kg

Goal Reached 22 February 2008, Must get down to 54kg again!
loveat116

Postby loveat116 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:23 pm

vanessa0305 wrote:I want to know if anyone is using the Ipod Nano and the nike+? I was thinking if I was still running at christmas time I might ask hubby to buy me the sports kit. I have heard some good things on the cool runnings site. But would love to hear any reviews on this system anyone might have!

I want one of these! But I dont think they work with a iPod shuffle, only the nanos, which is dumb! But then you have to buy the nike shoes as well I think...
Starting Weight: 62kg Current Weight: 55.0kg Goal Weight: 54kg

Goal Reached 22 February 2008, Must get down to 54kg again!
loveat116

Postby Ledzeppelin2007 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:15 pm

electrongirl wrote:ok I have had a look and it looks like the iRiver is probably the better out of them.

Also another good one:

Toshiba gigabeat MES30V

lol not sure if u need to know due to that date of these, but i have an iRiver h10 20gb and i've droped it heaps and it's like a brick. it's a decent coloured mp3 player that i've takin on runs and walks and it does the job.. doesnt have kool album art tho like ipods
Keep it real
Ledzeppelin2007

Postby Ledzeppelin2007 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:15 pm

electrongirl wrote:ok I have had a look and it looks like the iRiver is probably the better out of them.

Also another good one:

Toshiba gigabeat MES30V

lol not sure if u need to know due to that date of these, but i have an iRiver h10 20gb and i've droped it heaps and it's like a brick in toughness, never have had a problem with it. it's good as. it's a decent coloured mp3 player that i've takin on runs and walks and it does the job.. doesnt have kool album art tho like ipods
Keep it real
Ledzeppelin2007

Postby Mags » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:15 pm

I had an iriver for ages, very hardy (i'm a dropper) and its battery life was great, was also very good when jumping around an stuff.
It went missing a few weeks ago though and I can't find it so I think I'm going to buy an ipod mini in a couple of weeks.
Mags

Previous

Return to Exercise Motivation