It is currently Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:59 am

Free Newsletter

My new incentive to go for a walk

Tell us how you keep motivated to exercise regularly.

Moderator: Moderators

My new incentive to go for a walk

Postby Kaz » Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:34 pm

I decided that I needed motivation to get up and go for a walk around the block as I don't have a dog. So I joined up to Avon. I now have an area that includes my street ( I actually live smack bang in the centre) and I if I walk the whole area in one go it is about 5km. I figured it would give me the motivation that I need to get out walking and the added bonus is that I get paid for doing it.....

No more excuses as I now have people who depend on me turning up on the days that I have promised.

Starting Weight: 94 kg (2 September 08)
Current Weight:93 kg
Goal Weight: 75 kg

1st goal is to lose 5 kg.... Reward Dye my hair!!!
Kaz

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:33 pm

wow what a great idea kaz. i love avon and wish i knew a good consultant in the area :?
kate_turner2000

Postby Vegetable » Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:47 pm

What a good idea :) I used to deliver pamphlets for my dad's buisiness, which was great exercise, but he doesnt need me anymore, he's not working for himself now :(
Vegetable

Postby Mandie » Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:28 pm

Wow good on you, that's a great idea - exercise and make a bit of money at the same time!
Mandie

Postby slimmindown » Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:43 pm

good going, that'll keep you walking and making money to boot :D
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby KimE » Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:52 pm

What a fabulous idea Kaz, good on you for thinking outside the box.

The lady who sits next to me at work is an avon consultant, I am always buying things off her. She loves me. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Justjudy » Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:42 am

What a wonderful idea Kaz. Because it is your job, you have to go, and of course the extra money is a bonus. You will also get to meet some lovely people I am sure, and that will be a bonus as well.

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby SarahC » Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:53 pm

Sounds great Kaz. Hope it goes really well!

I did a bit of "pavement pounding" when I was doing my home business. It sure burns up a heap of calories! I worked up a great sweat (especially when dogs started barking at me!!)
SarahC

Postby Kaz » Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:12 pm

Thanks guys the round just kinda fell into my lap (my old avon lady nagged me to take over) but my reason for taking it on was to get me off my butt and moving. Some day's it is a bit of an effort especially if I have had a very physical day at work. (Easter week was a killer) but I perservered and got though it.....

When I quit my old job I said never again in retail. Yeah right LOL

Starting Weight: 94 kg (2 September 08)
Current Weight:93 kg
Goal Weight: 75 kg

1st goal is to lose 5 kg.... Reward Dye my hair!!!
Kaz

Postby pino » Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:46 pm

thats a really great idea! i think having a purpose in exercise is the only way that u'll truly stick to it. i force myself by leaving the car keys at home. normally i would drive to the train station but instead of leaving home 15 mins before to find parking, i just leave 20mins before and walk there. since i cant get home any other way in the afternoons, that adds up to 40mins of compulsory exercise every weekday!
pino

Postby Justjudy » Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:53 pm

pino wrote:thats a really great idea! i think having a purpose in exercise is the only way that u'll truly stick to it. i force myself by leaving the car keys at home. normally i would drive to the train station but instead of leaving home 15 mins before to find parking, i just leave 20mins before and walk there. since i cant get home any other way in the afternoons, that adds up to 40mins of compulsory exercise every weekday!

You are very right Pino. I don't have a car at the moment (hopefully that will happen in the next couple of months). I live close to town, and school for the kids so I walk everywhere out of neccesity. I have noticed the difference, and if I have a couple of days where I haven't had to - or couldn't - go out I start to feel cooped up and just plain blaaah. Hopefully when I finally get the car I will just keep up the "walking for a purpose" out of habit. It will be cheaper than using the car too, so that is an added bonus as well (I really am a cheapskate :lol: ).

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:06 pm

i always park as far away from the shops as i can and walk. when you have a trolley full of stuff and pushing it up hills it gives you a great work out.
kate_turner2000

Postby Chelle » Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:28 pm

I always park as far away from the shops as i can and walk

So do I for 2 reasons one is the extra walk & the other so that no one hits my $26000 car even though it dosent matter how far you park it somone always damages it. I hate when I lived in Port bloody old drivers 2 people have damaged the car even though I park so far away. It bugs me..
Chelle

Return to Exercise Motivation