It is currently Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:42 pm

Free Newsletter

I Desparately Need Some Motivation

Tell us how you keep motivated to exercise regularly.

Moderator: Moderators

I Desparately Need Some Motivation

Postby seal » Sat May 19, 2007 5:00 pm

Can anyone tell me how to get motivated to walk?
Does anyone live anywhere near me so that we could walk together?

I really need a huge big kick in the butt to get me going.
seal

Postby *KaTe* » Sat May 19, 2007 5:13 pm

Hey, I don't live near you, otherwise I'd go 4 a walk with ya! :D

I have days where I get the "cant be bothered's"...it is annoying. It's just a matter of learning how to not listen to that voice in your head trying to encourage you to not exercise.

To get me motivated I listen to music I like, think of how good my body is going to look...things like that. And what also helps me is the days I really cant be bothered, I just do it...and within 5 mins or so I already feel so much better..its amazing what exercise can do for your mind.

Hang in there, keep positive and it will work out for you. Do you have any friends or family that can go for walks with you? That can help as well...otherwise be strong and do it for yourself!

SMILE!!
*KaTe*

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat May 19, 2007 7:15 pm

hey seal

i dont really like walking with other people! lol. its strange hey! id prefer to go at my own pace and not talk to people and not have to keep up with other people or have them keep up with me. but some poeple really like walking groups. you could probably find one in your area. check your community centres.

i find there are days where i cant get motivated but i know once i get out there and start i feel better for it. try it. put your walking shoes on, grab your mp3 player- or buy one or borrow one or something and get going. or maybe you can drive some where scenic and walk once you get there if its too far. like the beach, lake, walking tracks etc.
kate_turner2000

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat May 19, 2007 7:15 pm

oh and also, why not reward yourself for it? say if you go 6 out of 7 days, get yourself that new body wash you want, or that dvd you really want to watch.
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Tue May 22, 2007 8:00 pm

I'm a bit like you Kate. Get my iPod on and I never needed to walk with anyone else. I go off into my own little world. The hardest thing is keeping an eye on the time especially during lunch hour. :D [/i]
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Re: I Desparately Need Some Motivation

Postby swedputte » Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:33 am

seal wrote:Can anyone tell me how to get motivated to walk?
Does anyone live anywhere near me so that we could walk together?

I really need a huge big kick in the butt to get me going.

Hi there all you need is some motivation you really just have to take the first step when you have done that you will think it is funny taking a walk! i had the same problem my self i couldnt get the butt out off the chair but now i walk for a 30 minutes a day it makes mee feel good and makes mee happy every day *!! so just take that first step and you will enjoy it
swedputte

Return to Exercise Motivation