It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:35 am

Free Newsletter

I need motivating

Tell us how you keep motivated to exercise regularly.

Moderator: Moderators

I need motivating

Postby Nay » Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:33 am

I haven't exercised in a few weeks. Once I start, im fine to keep going, but if I have a day off in between, I find it harder to go back to exercising. Also, I'm sooooooo tired at the moment that I can't be bothered doing any strenuous activity.

I have a few things on my mind that need attention and can't find the time to work, exercise, look after my daughter and attend to these matters aswell. I'm getting exhausted and depressed!!

Someone please motivate me to keep exercising!!!! I think its the crappy weather thats doing it aswell... :(
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w1gyr2A/]
[/url]
Nay

Postby milkyway » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:19 am

I know exactly what you mean. When I exercise, I feel sooo much better - physically mentally and spiritually, yet when I'm feeling down, am stressed and busy, it's the last thing I want to do when even though, I know on a conscious, logical level that it will do me the world of good.

Just 30 mins of working up a good sweat will make everything feel better, and you'll also feel like you've achieved something :)

I find the hardest part is usually getting changed into my exercise clothes - it's like putting on a whole new mind set. So pull out the trackies and the runners...

Good luck, Nay - get out there and get that blood pumping! :D
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Chelle » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:29 am

Hey Nay, sound's like you might need to take some iron tablet's or some vitamin's with you being so tired. This weather is crappy atm bring on spring!!! It is hard somtimes to exercise in this kind of weather but just go for a walk or do some things at home like situp's squats you will find that you will feel better afterwards. When you are at home at night when watching tv at night during add breaks set yourself up a challenge. Keep a exercise diary write down at the start of the week, what you would like to achieve for the week & stick to it. Good luck exercise.
Chelle

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:26 pm

hey nay the girls have stated some great tips there. i would suggest writing down a schedule. for example:

Monday: 1 work out dvd

Wednesday: 30 min walk

Friday: 45 minutes on exercise bike

Saturday: walk on the beach with partner/hubby/kids

that way you are getting a break a couple of times a week as well and if you write it down and it put it somewhere visible you will probably be more likely to do it.
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:03 pm

Planning as Kate said is definitely a good idea and I also find once I get my gym gear on it puts me in the mood for exercise. Maybe lay out your gear somewhere so you can get into it as soon as it is time and don't think about it.....just do it (to steal a well known phrase!).

We do also have a big boot around here should you require it....that is for you behind not your feet. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Nay » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:58 pm

Oh yes. I defiately need the boot! I do lay my exercise clothes out on the lounge for when I get up in the morning and I am usually pretty good at putting them on and doing exercise but lately, I haven't been sleeping and I have to go to work so I change my alarm to try and get more sleep. I might think about vitamin/iron tablets. Doing stuff during ads when watching TV is good to...I might try that...Thanks for the tips!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w1gyr2A/]
[/url]
Nay

Postby KimE » Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:11 pm

OK Nay you asked for it.

Actually this isn't Dolly's famous boot but I don't know where she keeps it...however, I reckon this one would get you going!

Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:40 am

routine and making time is key.

Start thinking like Nike (just do it) and 5-10 min in the endorphins will start and you'll have all that 'me' time and you'll be surprised how much better you'lll feel, how much better you'll sleep and if you exercise in the morning, how energised you are for the day.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Return to Exercise Motivation