It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:58 pm

Free Newsletter

My Rewards for Exercise!

Tell us how you keep motivated to exercise regularly.

Moderator: Moderators

My Rewards for Exercise!

Postby Leishkin » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:55 am

Hey guys,

Thought this might be an idea for others that are, like me, complete TV addicts -

There are so many TV shows out on DVD now, so many that I want to see so many new shows that never showed here, but did in the USA, or re-watch whole series' like FRIENDS, and I can't justify buying them all at once - so what I'm doing to make myself exercise is making myself only watch an episode of a show when I'm on the bike - I don't have to stay on there the whole time, (eg - if watching an hour ep) because I'm not up to doing 45 mins yet, but it's perfect if you have a 30 min show, plus, if it's a comedy it helps take your mind off things! I found myself watching 'that 70's show' last week, and before I knew it I'd done 25 minutes! I popped on another episode while I stretched and warmed down!

This way, not only do I get to catch up on those shows I keep wanting to watch, when I'm finished, I get to buy a new box as a reward!

As someone that is very keen to extend their DVD collection, and catch up on a LOT of TV shows, this is a really good way for me to both exercise, and give myself a reward.

Hope some of you like the idea :)

Leish
xo
Leishkin

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:57 am

i have the entire dawsons creek dvd collection. every year i watch them all. its like a tradition. usually when i eat lunch when heidi is asleep ill pop them on and watch an episode. i brought the first two seasons when i had heidi so if she had a restless night as a bub i could put a episode on :P

i am getting 90210 for xmas :)
kate_turner2000

Postby sassi » Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:32 pm

great idea! i usually try and coincide my time on the exercise bike with something i want to watch on tv, but sometimes there is nothing on! i'll have to dig out some dvds :)

i find it really takes my mind off it!
sassi

Postby milkyway » Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:37 pm

I've been watching 24 recently via Bigpond Movies and really enjoying it. But don't know if I could do 24 hours of exercise while watching though as I tend to do 4 episodes at once :oops: hence going to bed at 2-3am most nights these days!

But I think it's a really good idea. Enjoy!
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Return to Exercise Motivation