It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:10 pm

Free Newsletter

Thursday 26/1

Tell us what exercises you do and enjoy to keep fit and lose weight.

Moderator: Moderators

Thursday 26/1

Postby Fairie » Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:36 pm

Another day working around our 145 aviaries in 42 degree heat. :shock:
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby Groovychic » Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:54 pm

Well I decided to go for a different walk thurs morning. And different it certainly was!!! I sort of got lost. Well not lost exactly, I just wasn't sure where the track I was on was going to end up and when I did end up somewhere that I knew I was still miles from home!!! It ended up being 6.5ks and took me about 1 and 3/4 hours cos I was literally walking on bush tracks that had a lot of bush growing on them! And I did a little deviation or so along a kangaroo track having a look around. But now I know where that walk will go I think I can probably do it in just under 1 and a half hours. I'm going to do it again but this time take a hat and some water. I was only going for half an hour!!! One thing about walking in the bush is that you can't go as fast but you tend to lift your feet up a lot more so I think you probably work your thighs and butt a bit more.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby Dolly » Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:48 pm

Oh Groovychick, how frightening to be lost in the bush.
Imagine if you'd got bitten by a snake :shock:
My son Rick got bitten by a king brown 4 years ago and it was touch and go with his life for a while there.
Are you able to bush walk with a friend?
Dolly

Postby Groovychic » Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:13 am

No Dolly I aren't. None of my friends like to walk with me as I walk too fast for them!!!! I'm not particularly worried about snakes. I stomp around and make loads of noise. I nearly stepped on a dugite a couple of years ago showing some people a block that I had listed for sale. I was too busy pointing out things and not watching where I was going and I was about to put my foot down and thought whats that bit of poly pipe doing there and then realised it wasnt poly pipe and jumped over it and ran for my life. My clients were just looking at me with stupid looks on their faces. Then when I said it was a snake they went back to look at it. DAH!!!! :? I was more worried about how long I had been gone from home and that my partner would think I had met up with another fella and was having an affair or that I was lost!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:45 am

Speaking of snakes - the bloke's parents live on a big bush block. As we were tinkering with the car on the weekend I stepped around to get the drinks which were resting in the shade near his old radio shack and what should be sunning itself all of 2 metres from us than a big tiger snake (beautiful animal). He saw me and headed for cover in the brush next to the shack CLOSER to us. I didn't get the drink, stood watching until I saw the movement of a tail (at which point the bloke jumped up a mile). It came out and headed off up the hill in search of more sunshine and less disturbance. It wasn't aggressive or bothered too much by us at all and despite the bloke being less than a meter from its hiding lying beside the car, it was quite happy to hide there until it realised we weren't going away in a hurry, then it moved.

I love snakes, used to have one as a pet, but I definitely respect them. When walking in bush on a sunny day I like to make lots of noise and ALWAYS step ON TO a big log or rock across the track, not over cause you never know what could be hiding on the other side. :shock:

on thursday I went swimming and body surfing the waves in the sea for about an hour.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Return to Daily Exercise Diary