It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:48 am

Free Newsletter

Tuesday 31/01/06

Tell us what exercises you do and enjoy to keep fit and lose weight.

Moderator: Moderators

Tuesday 31/01/06

Postby Groovychic » Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:42 am

30 minute walk this morning and then this afternoon I am walking with a friend for probably about 30 minutes. She doesn't walk very fast tho, but that's ok. I'm there more for her company and to get her motivated. She has chrones disease and finds it extremely difficult to lose weight because of the steroids she is on. Mind you a lot of chrones sufferers are very very thin. But she has been trying hard since christmas and she has lost 2 kgs so she is pleased about that. We have been for a couple of walks together and she always says that she holds me up but I just go for a brisk walk some other time during the day.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:44 am

Good on you for helping out a friend!

I'll go for a walk round the waterworks in a minute and I've also been asked to fill in for a badminton team again this week so there'll be an hour of badminton tonight too.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Dolly » Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:30 am

30 minute walk

Groovychick, that's great of you to accompany your friend on her walks.
Perhaps if your friend has a computer she might like to join our merry little forum group.
She's done really fantastic so far to lose 2kg since Christmas, especially whilst on weightloss blocking meds.
Dolly

Postby Groovychic » Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:10 am

Yes Dolly I am going to tell her about it but I'm not sure she will cope. She gets very frustrated with the pc!! I have to go to her place regularly to help her with it because she or the kids have done something wrong! Mind you she is getting better as I don't tend to get the panic calls so much anymore!!! She doesn't have a lot of time for the net and mainly got it for her study, which she is required to email things, and the kids! She copes with email just fine but looking for things on the net, she's not interested. She stuffs it up then gets frustrated and won't go back to it. So I just to try to motivate her. She's like me, and a lot of other people, love to eat naughty foods!!! Plus all the medication makes it extremely difficult for her. But I will show her the site next time I am at her place and put it in her favourites and see how she goes. She is a fantastic friend. She has the biggest heart and will do anything for anyone. So I certainly don't mind helping her with the pc, or anything she needs help with because she does the same for me ten fold! Everyone needs a good friend like that I think.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby Tas » Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:50 am

Ohh I have Crohn's disease also - my weight gain was due to steroids and sulfasalazinne- I was told on numerous occassions that I would never lose the weight so I never bothered until last October. Have lost about 11.5 kilo's since then. Good for you for helping your friend out. I'm sure you both will do well.
BTW I have had Crohn's for over 40 years! The doctors just named it differently back then. The weight will come off though - regardless what any one sayd. I am still on medication andit is still coming off me, through a lifestyle change - which does not mean I do not have some things that I really enjoy. I go 80/20 and one day a week I will have a chocolate bar or chocolate biscuit/cake/etc.
Acutally over the Christmas break I was very, very norty, norty norty :P and still managed to get the weight to go down at a steady pace.
Cheers
Maria
Tas

Postby Tas » Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:53 am

Also Groovychic if your friend wants to chat to some one else that has this, she can email me on [email protected] and I am more than happy to encourage her either through here or privately (if she doesn't want any one else to know the intimate details of this horrible disease).
On this forum is the only time I have ever mentioned my disease other than a few very close friends no one knows about it at all. So I do understand her privacy.
Cheers
Maria
Tas

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:23 pm

Hey Maria....I will pass on the details.I'll go to her place sometime in the next few days and get her set up. It is a horrible disease. Until I met her about 7 years ago I had never heard of it, now I know of a fair few people with it. She does so well to keep her spirits up tho. Congrats on your weight loss. You have proved them all wrong!

Return to Daily Exercise Diary