It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:47 am

Free Newsletter

WEDNESDAY 01/02

Tell us what exercises you do and enjoy to keep fit and lose weight.

Moderator: Moderators

WEDNESDAY 01/02

Postby frumpy07 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:21 pm

Ive just been for a walk around the lake which took just over half an hour :D What I decided to do (which Im still not so sure was the best idea in the world) was to make sure I held my tummy in (in an attempt to help strengthen my muscles) and I also tried squeezing my bottom together abit so that it would too would firm up a little. Well needless to say by the end of the walk my tummy was feeling ok but my bottom is sooo sore.... so I think it might work afterall :lol:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

STICKS AND STONES MAY BREAK YOUR BONES, BUT CAKE WON'T HEAL WHAT HURTS YOU.
frumpy07

Postby Dolly » Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:31 pm

So that walk around the lake was quite a workout for you Rebekah. I'd be too scared to flex my butt muscles whilst walking (only because the track I take has too many people on it) but I think the next time I walk I'll try to incorporate that idea about holding the stomach muscles in.
Anything to prevent the apron flab.

Today I walked with weights for 30 minutes.
Dolly

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:01 pm

I walked down and around town and home again. Probably 3 hours, 15600 steps.

I've started lifting my legs higher when walking and that really tires my legs out.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby linda » Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:28 pm

Pouring with rain, so all indoor activities.
aerobics oz style leg workout dvd
stepups with 5kg dumbells 3 x 15
5kg bench press 3 x 15
10kg seated chess press 3 x 15
30kg Lateral pull down 3 x 15
10kg Tricep pull down 2 x 15, 1 x 10
10kg Bench press 1 x 15, 1 x 5
10kg leg curls 1 x 3
Abroller 2 x 15
Stretches
Total 1 hour
linda

Postby Groovychic » Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:03 am

Went for my 50 minute walk with a different pedometre. When I did the 45 min walk around the whole subdivision the other day my first pedometre said 2.2kms........I thought I don't think so! So I don't think it was counting every step. So when I was taking the kids to karate I thought I would measure it with the car as I could drive the firebreak with the 4 x 4. So I did drive when I walked and it said 3.7ks. Which I think is more like it. I figured I was walking around the 5k an hour speed. So did my 50 min walk yesterday arvo and found this other pedometre, a kelloggs one from the nutri grain...yay kelloggs!!!! :lol: Anyway I set the step length to 70 like the other one and my 50 min walk said 4.1km. Which I think would be fairly accurate. Said nearly 6000 steps. And I think lifting your legs up a bit higher Tegan is a good thing. I'm sure that is why the lady who walked around the oval here every morning lost all her weight. I used to think when I would see her when I was going for my "power walk" when I lived in town, she's not getting her heart rate up how is she going to lose weight. Seeing her a few months later down the street, as we had moved, and I thought OMG that is incredible. So maybe it's not the speed of the walk but how much you use your muscles and build them up. I always hold my stomach in whilst walking. Not that it has done anything to prevent the big belly from forming over the years!!! At least I can blame it a little on being pregnant twice over the last 11 years! With the second pregnancy 9 years ago. Surely I can still use that as an excuse!!! It's the baby's fat that they left behind!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:35 am

you feel like a dumbass doing it though. Good thing my usual route is faily uninhabited. I reckon doing the goosestep would be a good workout, but I'm thinking that would look even weirder. Perhaps we should all try the ministry of silly walks routine as our new exercise? :shock:
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Return to Daily Exercise Diary