It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:22 am

Free Newsletter

Tuesday 14/2

Tell us what exercises you do and enjoy to keep fit and lose weight.

Moderator: Moderators

Tuesday 14/2

Postby Dolly » Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:53 am

20 minute walk
20 step-ups
50 crunches
25 leg lifts
50 dumbell lifts
Last edited by Dolly on Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dolly

Postby Groovychic » Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:46 am

I am going for a 50 minute walk once the kids go to school.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby natalie » Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:18 am

When I get home from work today I am going to go home and get on the treadmill for 45 minutes and cover a distance of 5.5 km.
Now if I could do this everyday I should be at goal in no time at all.
Exersise motivation seems to be my biggest problem.
How do you girls keep yourselves so motivated?

Natalie :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

"All we have is here and now"
natalie

Postby Groovychic » Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:51 am

I ended up going for another 25 min walk in the evening. I don't seem to have a problem with the motivation for exercise. I do it every day and just have got used to it I suppose. I sort of figure if I stop then my muscles will turn to more fat again!!! My biggest problem is what I eat. I have no will power for that. And even walking for well over an hour a day doesn't do enough to consume the calories I have eaten. I also look at my exercise time as a time to be by myself and think about things. When I worked it was great as I could work out how to word clauses in contracts etc, without someone interrupting me. Thing was getting home and remembering what great words I had come up with!!! We are getting a pool in a few weeks, just an above ground one, and I am hoping to be able to swim for 30 mins or so at least once a day, as well as do my walking as I have been. At least I can swim when it is hot. It was really hot yesterday, even when I went in the morning for my 50 min walk, and it probably wasn't wise. I would like to get one of those eliptical machines as well. They look like fun. But I don't know if I will get one yet. Just having a think about it. As for motivation Natalie.......hhhhmmm I don't know. I spose you could start counting the kms you do and you could say to yourself, once I get to 100kms or whatever, then I can go out and buy something I would really like. Facials or manicures etc, always work well as treats. But it could even be see a movie or whatever. I've thought about counting my kms walking and writing it down and once I get to 300kms(the distance to Perth from here) then I can make a shopping trip to Perth!!! But I haven't done that yet as I don't need the extra push to get me to exercise at the moment. Once I start dwindling, probably in winter, I might do that.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:27 pm

After dinner the bloke and I walked from Battery Point to the middle of the Tasman bridge. Pedometer read 16000steps ish (approx 3500 during day) but I think that may have been a little high. I'd estimate an hour adn 3/4 walk.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Return to Daily Exercise Diary