It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:02 pm

Free Newsletter

Tuesday 21/3

Tell us what exercises you do and enjoy to keep fit and lose weight.

Moderator: Moderators

Tuesday 21/3

Postby Dolly » Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:04 am

2 kilomertres on the treadmill Image
Dolly

Here we go .....

Postby Jo » Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:12 pm

Hi Dolly,

I am a recent recruit of the weightloss.com crew and today is my first day of both Posting and Doing.

When I knock off work this arvo I am planning on going for a walk for approx and hour.
I am targeting 4km but hopefully I can go that bit further. For me it's not too much about the distance it's more about 'time frames'.
With the family at home and everyone screaming for their dinner I find my exercise time is cut short due to these family-tied demands. BUT kepping a positive outlook on the situation we are having a BBQ and I have been delegated the luxurious task of "salad maker". The way I see it - if I can whip that up fast enough I can get a wriggle on and complete my walk with time to spare. :D

After all .... we all need some "My Time" so getting out of the house will do me good in more ways than 1 :wink: 8)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Jo

Postby Groovychic » Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:54 pm

Jo.....I think you will find you have the time for the walk! When we realise it is important, we make the time. Dinner's tend to be something easy in my place if I am going to exercise in the evening. Like tonight I am doing a roast lamb, so bang it in the oven and then on with the vegies just before time to exercise! BBQ and salad is great as it only takes a few minutes to prepare the salad. Casserols are always good as well. Anything you can whack in the oven for an hour or so while you go and exercise is brilliant. As women we tend to run around making sure everyone else is happy before we make ourselves happy. We have to get it through our brains that they can wait just that little bit longer while we finish an important thing, exercise! Now for today's exercise. Decided to try a program on the treadmill. My sister has hired one as well, exactly the same, and she said she had been trying program 3 and couldnt do it. So of course I wanted to give it a whirl and hoped to say hahaha I did it :lol: . You know the old sibling thing! Anyway I couldn't do it either. It gets up to 11kms an hour and I just cant run that fast. Anyway when it clicked up to that I very quickly took it back to 8ks an hour and ran it at that. I did run for 6mins at 9ks an hour tho so I was impressed with that. Then I tried the equivelent incline program, which I liked much better cos you can set your speed yourself. So in the end I did 1 hour and 12 mins(7.2ks and 565 cals) So I was pleased with that.

In the afternoon I swam for 15 mins in the pool.
Last edited by Groovychic on Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby Jo » Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:31 pm

(Groovychic)

Yep - you're right .... :oops:

Anyway, my lot at home are practically begging me to take better care of 'myself' so I think they will let up when they see I am making the effort. :wink:

The next thing I have to do is remember to take my vitamins :?
Not real good at remembering those kinds of things ... but I s'pose that's all part of re-educating yourself about a lifestyle choice.

I'm sure it will all come together soon enough tho ... Dont worry I WILL keep you all posted on my triumphs and my failures .... :wink:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Jo

Postby Dolly » Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:22 pm

Hi Jo, welcome to the forum, I'm like you I tend to do all the chores for everyone else first and often neglect the things that need to be done for myself.
Vitamins are always difficult to remember.
I find getting up early to do my exercise is the only way I'll get them done, I seem to run out of energy by noon.
Sometimes I'm unable to go walking (due to my health problems) so I just do 20 step ups, 20 crunches a few dumbell lifts and soome leg lifts.
Dolly

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:04 pm

I didn't do any real exercise today - just went to work and did the washing when i got home. Feeling really hungry lately though due to the bike riding I'm doing every 2nd day. Must be burning some energy.

Jo I try to fit my exercise into my day. At the moment I'm gradually building up to riding my bike every day to and from work. I'm currently riding 3 days a week and by next week or the week after I'm hoping to be riding every day which is approximately 2hrs all up.

I'm one of thos people who doesn't like to exercise for the sake of it. Fopr me it has to be either fun (like badminton - roster starts next week I think) or part of what I'm doing (like riding to work)
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby carleyjt » Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:38 pm

3.4 km walk
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
carleyjt

Return to Daily Exercise Diary