It is currently Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:00 pm

Free Newsletter

Tara's gonna show September whose boss!

Tell us what exercises you do and enjoy to keep fit and lose weight.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Tara's gonna show September whose boss!

Postby Tarz » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:13 am

Yesterday:
Breakfast: Creamy honey oats
Snack: Hot chocolate
Lunch: Toasted cheese ham and tomato sandwich and crunchie (it looked so good! :oops: )
snack: sugarfree V and strawberries
snack before gym: musashi slm bar
dinner: big bowl of salad
snack: Doritos (i told sam not to buy them!)

went to the gym and did running on the treadmill and time on the cross trainer burning a total of around 400 cals which i was happy with.

Still having trouble with eating obviously, i just always seem to be hungry and am just binging when i am at home. I will sit there going i should have this or that but i seem to anyway, i think i need to start brushing my teeth after dinner or something.

I thought exercise was supposed to help your mood, after the gym last night we had to go straight off to do the groceries and just because of one thing i cracked the sh!ts and was grumpy. Poor sam coped it and i felt bad for it which put me into a worse mood. Whats the deal!?!? I'm sick of being grumpy, I tried to take multivitamins that are supposed to help stabalise the mood but i think they made it worse.

I get to go shopping tomorrow with mum, her present to me for my birthday was new clothes so we are in to Sydney. I'm hoping for new black pants for work and new shoes and maybe some new tops.
Tarz

Postby Sussy » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:47 am

Hey mate,

you're doing fine, at least last night you WENT to the gym.

I'm usually the same in that when i'm getting back on track i seem to always feel hungry and it sux. I try to nosh on pretzels, carrot pieces, grapes or anything else small....(and i, like you, love frozen peas too.....only my famo know that (coz they see me), i hadn't told anyone else coz i thought maybe i was odd. BUT!! If you do it too, either we're both odd or it's normal.) hehe :wink:

Then after a week or so, my stomach must shrink or knows it's not gonna get much else and it doesn't seem as bad.

Keep persisting mate, you'll get there, and you're certainly determined and motivated enough, now you have to "Just Do It!" :) and i know you can. Mate, if i can, you can....and that's one thing i know for sure. :D

Don't know what to suggest re: Vitamins, i take womens Swisse and Vit C. and have just started taking Wheatgrass super-shots which i reckon are really great, i seem more energetic and happy, when normally when i lose weight i'm grumpy as.
But that might not be your cup of tea.

Anyway stick with it mate, you're doing great and have come so far.

Have a good day.

Suse
xoxo
Sussy

Postby Tarz » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:38 pm

not much to report on.
Got new work pants, size 14 yay.
Saw pictures from last weekend and still look frumpy (specially in the arms)
gymed last night, did stay there too long cos i worked out at a store yesterday so would have gotten plenty of exercise from that alone.
gyming again tonight. Will do that horrible cycle class again. i must really hate myslef to do it again. It hurts ALOT
Can't eat properly at the moment, i have 2 mouth ulcers in a bad spot on my jaw so it feels like a really bad tooth ache with pain that shoots into my ear. Its just mouth ulcers! I hate them!!!! I can't even lick my lips without it hurting. I'll stop winging now.

Breakfast: Creamy honey oats (only half a serving because half overflowed in the microwave, damn small bowls)
snack: hot chocolate
lunch: cheese ham and tomato toasted sandwich and green apple
snack: 1/2 55g chcolate bar (i'll have the other half tomorrow) and sugarfree V
dinner: will be grilled lamb chops and vegies
Tarz

Postby Tarz » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:24 am

I'm very happy with how yesterday went. I didn't eat anything extra to what i wrote down, i went to the gym and did the cycle class and didn't eat anything when i got home. Sorry thats a lie, i had a protein shake when i got home then nothing else :mrgreen:
The cycle class was much better then last week. Different instructor and more varied workout. I gave it my all, i don't think i could have gone any harder but i wasn't completely dead by the end. I think i was on a high cos i enjoyed the class and worked so hard. If that instructor normally took the class i'd say i'd go every week but she was a fill in, so was the lady the week before.
Tarz

Postby GoddessInside » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:35 am

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy !!!!
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby Sussy » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:17 am

[quote I think i was on a high cos i enjoyed the class and worked so hard. If that instructor normally took the class i'd say i'd go every week but she was a fill in, so was the lady the week before.][/quote] Maybe you should tell the instructors how much you enjoyed their classes and then see when they'll be back or if they have a regular place you could go to instead/as well. :)
Sussy

Postby Tarz » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:55 am

That instructor doesn't usually do the cycle classes at my gym, she does the toning and step classes. She's a great instructor, the sort that really gets you into it and pushes you with out making you feel lazy. I'll just have to wait and see what the proper instructor for that class is like, i've never met her before so she might be a new instructor to the gym.
The only problem with the classes are its in a small room, you can't turn the lights off in the room without turning half the floors lights out, and there aren't any fans yet (they have some on order). SO the room gets very hot and smelly. Apparently on Thursday mornings theres a class when the gym opens and they wheel the bikes out of the room into the srength room which is bigger and turn all the lights out. Would be good if i could get up in the mornings :roll:
Tarz

Postby candycane » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:30 pm

i love cycle too! its getting addictive. My tush doesnt like it :)

ok as for your temper - what does it relate too? Because i found that i was incredibly stressed out and that in turn made me snap at my family real bad. Are you heaps tired? do u feel randomly sick ever? Because for me it was stress. So, my advice is - relax, don't think about what others are thinking because who cares. You have all the time in the world to achieve and accomplish what you've set out, which at the moment, is toneing up.

If sam buying bad food is off putting - tell him no more. If he wants junk he can eat it when he's out, or hide it somewhere u won't see it and therefore eat.

Your food is fine, except u need more fruit and veggies. I eat two pieces of fruit per day (one at 10:30am one at 3:30pm) and the steamed veggies i told u about. I cut my veggies up at the start of the week - i wish i lived 10 mins from work!! i live about an hour in peak hour traffic away so i do it in the morn when i get up. I'm sure boiling or microwaving is just as good. You probably wont want to snack on other things if u do that.

Great work with the gym - especially going on your way home. Once u get the motivation up you'll want to keep on with it.

xxxx
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

Postby Tarz » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:32 pm

I'm not sure what triggers my temper but i am hoping it gets much better since i am getting back into exercising regularly. Plus i have my health check this friday so i can see if my bp is fine. Mum thinks my bp might be up again.
I use to stress alot but when i got this job i haven't had any reason to stress at all. The only thing i would be stressing about is money but i think i do a pretty good job at forgetting about it :wink:
Apparently at my engagement party last year Sams best mate asked my mum if i ever stress? Apparently everyone sees me as really laid back, i never saw it.
As for Sams buying bad foods i need to learn to live with it. I can stop him from buying it for ever, i can request it but can't stop him, after all it is his house as well. I might try and suggest he hides his food.
I'm trying to be careful with my fruit intake. Quite a few times if i go near a shop in the evening i come home with Strawberries So i figure if i have one in the afternoon i can leave this option open. What i need to do is get my fruit bowl going at home. Maybe i'll do the markets this Sunday.
The veg i am trying. I have been having lots of voiled or steamed or stirfried veg lately. And usualy when i am cutting it up i'll snack on it.

So food today has been:

Breakfast: creamy honey oats
snack: hot choc, banana and a few Vita-wheats grain snacks
lunch: toasted ham cheese and tomato sandwhich
snack: sugarless V, the second half of yesterdays chocolate so about 25g
I am about to have a toasted cheese sandwhich cos my stomach let out this huge rumble and i don't want to run out of energy at the gym
Dinner: Will be a vegtable fritata

And i guess i will take my apple home for after dinner if i get hungry.

Going to the gym and going to see how far i can run before i have to stop. Then each time i go for a run i want to try and add 50 metres to it. Try and increase my distances that way. Worth a try i think, won't be anything like MMs 10 km run, theres no way i could do that. Probably 1km :roll:
Tarz

Postby GoddessInside » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:51 pm

I think thats a sensible way of increasing your distance hun ! Well done on your eating ! Your vegie fritata sounds yummy !
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby candycane » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:54 pm

Blood Pressure problems? I guess you'll find out with your health check. Hopefully it's something easily fixed anyway. I wish i was stress free! i had to teach myself to destress. Its like AA lol - 1st step, admitting u have a problem...haha

I can see why you wouldnt want to tell him not to buy stuff, but at the same time he needs to be supportive. I think hiding might be best for now, just so u can get back into the routine of not eating it.

Its good your eating more veggies, i find im heaps less hungry when i eat it through the day. Yum strawberries i love them :) too bad blueberries are so expensive

Lol she's a machine with the treadmill. Im not so talented either. I never thought to try on distance rather then time. As long as u keep it up u should be able to increase it gradually, i find as soon as i dont run for a little while im back at square one :roll:
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

Postby Tarz » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:04 pm

Well last time my doc said my BP would have been up because of the pill i am on and i do not want to hop off it so maybe if it is up i will have to look into trying a different one, hopefully not one that causes weight gain.
candycane wrote:Its like AA lol - 1st step, admitting u have a problem...haha

And when you admit to it you can justify going out and buying yourself something destressing like massage, candles a book :wink:
candycane wrote:Yum strawberries i love them too bad blueberries are so expensive

i know, $7 a punnet is definately too expensive, especially since they don't last too long :P
candycane wrote:I never thought to try on distance rather then time.

If running outside i would focus more on time but becasue its a treadmill and the pace is staying the same i think it should be fine for me to focus on distance, i will be at a comfortable speed and it might make me push on harder to reach a certain km mark.
GoddessInside wrote:Your vegie fritata sounds yummy !

It is i love it!!!! And it means i can have left overs for lunch tomorrow. mmmm can't wait.
Tarz

Postby hippy_shake » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:24 pm

Hey looks like your food intake is going great! Do you preplan what you have? I finally have figured out what works best for me- planning everything from the start of the week, which is working great this week :) Hope you have fun at the gym, just wondering do you put the treadmill on an incline at all? I was told that to simulate outside running and burn more calories its good to put it on 1 or 1.5- and you hardly even notice it.

Keep on showing September what you're made of!

:) Jane
Jane :)

SW:80- 21/05/08
CW:68.5
GW:60

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6qtd3I/]
hippy_shake

Postby Tarz » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:08 am

I try to preplan what i have. Breakfast lunch and snacks i have planed but dinner i try to plan but i can't predict what will happen when i get home. Like yesterday i was looking forward to making my fritata, Sam was gonna be sleeping so i could have what i wanted but when i did get home from the gym i had to forfeit the idea of dinner to go help him pick up a car. Lucky i had that apple in my bag from work. Whilst we were out i found enough change in my wallet to buy a subway six inch, so not to bad for dinner then by 9pm i was so hungry when we got home i had a bowl of left over pasta bake. Not the best option but there was no milk for me to make a protein shake.

I went to the gym and managed to run 1km, i think i could have pushed on a bit further but i think that will be my starting point then ffrom Monday and i will add on each day i go for a run. Also did cross trainer, bike and rower and was pooped when i left the gym. And no i don't put it on an incline when i jog but i should put it on a small one.

FOr some reason i'm not sleeping great at the moment, i'm finding it hard to get to sleep and will wake up in the middle of the night as if i have been drinking caffeine right before bed (which i haven't). SO last night when i went to bed at 10.30 feeling so awake that i couldn't possibly sleep i had that moment where you get that brainwave idea that you'll get up a little early and go for a jog. Well i did wake up a little bit earlie with no difficulties, got dressed and went out :shock: and it was a rediculous bloody idea! :x Way to cold! my ears hurt from the cold, the air stung my eyes and they kept watering, i probably looked like i was crying to anyone who passed me :lol: and my arms ached, It was bloody cold! If i to feel the urge to get up again it won't be to go for a run around until the weather warms up properly, i'll drive to the gym for a run on the treadie.

Todays plan
Breakfast: creamy honey oats
snack: banana, hot chocolate
lunch: cheese, ham and tomato toasted sandwich
snack: sugarless V and strawberries i think
dinner: who knows, shopping night tonight
And off to the gym again this afternnon for 30 min light cardio then 30 min strength.
Tarz

Postby Sussy » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:10 pm

Hey Tarz, i just typed this huge reply and it disappeared...GRRRRRR :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

You're doing great and the motivation's certainly there...to get up early in the morning and go running in the frezzing cold..YOU GO GIRL!!!! Perhaps the gym IS a better idea for now though... :wink: But Spring is here and the weather should be warming up ( i hope ) then it's outdoors all the way!!! YAY...Then BRING ON SUMMER!!! WOOHOO!!!

Had to laugh when i read this
Way to cold! my ears hurt
Haha

About your not sleeping, there are vitamins and herbal remedies you can buy in the chemist, perhaps you should ask your local chemist...could be worth a try if it's beginning to affect you.

Anyway have a great day. :D
Sussy

PreviousNext

Return to Daily Exercise Diary