It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:28 pm

Free Newsletter

Tara's gonna show September whose boss!

Tell us what exercises you do and enjoy to keep fit and lose weight.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Tara's gonna show September whose boss!

Postby Tarz » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:58 pm

Sussy wrote:Perhaps the gym IS a better idea for now though... But Spring is here and the weather should be warming up ( i hope ) then it's outdoors all the way!!! YAY...Then BRING ON SUMMER!!! WOOHOO!!!

Well when i woke up the sun was shining nicely and it didn't look like there was any wind, looked like a perfect day. And lately i haven't needed my jumper in the mornings when i hop in the car so i thought it would be warmer. Its spring it should be!

I'm not sure what the not being sleepy thing is about, its mainly the past 2 nights but i haven't been unwinding properly in the evenings so maybe thats why. I'm not complaining, i don't mind having extra energy, i mean i'm not feeling tired today and i wasn't yesterday.

Well the Health check company is in our office today (my check is tomorrow) and the guy gave me a list of what they check:

:arrow: cholesterol and blood lipids (by doing a prick in the finger ouch)
:arrow: blood glucos levels
:arrow: blood pressure and heart rate (both resting and after exercise which will be stepping up on a box)
:arrow: body composition (weight, measurments, BMI - will be good to see how incorrect my scales are)
:arrow: nutrition (how much water, what do i eat etc)
:arrow: Physical activity & fitness
:arrow: stress, anxiety and depression
:arrow: smoking
:arrow: alcohol
:arrow: back care
:arrow: vision
:arrow: lung function

Sould be interesting.
Tarz

Postby candycane » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:48 pm

ive got the opposite, im in bed by 10!! the more exercise u do the better you'lls leep.

make sure u let us know how the docs went xx
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

Postby Tarz » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:12 pm

Well i just came out of my check and i'm not happy. When i get home i am throwing my scales of my balcony and if the four storey drop doesn't smash them i will back over them with my car a dozen times.
Overall my health is fantastic. Great cholesterol, great blood sugar levels, great fitness levels etc.
I am not happy because i knew my scales were a little off, but i wasn't prepared for them to be that far off. My scales this morning had 73 flash up on them, According to the scales in the health check i was 76.8kg. I feel like crying. I feel like all the hardwork i have been doing when it comes to food and exercise are pointless. That means i have lost a little over 11kg since January and i should be happy about that but thats 9 months! I guess at least i am just scraping into the healthy weight range.

So basically right now i feel pretty crappy and just want to go home, which isn't a good idea because i will just eat what ever i can find. I'm supposed to go to the gym but am feeling so unmotivated right now. :( :( :( :( :(

Sorry for being a misery guts. That 3.6kg difference is really getting to me.
Tarz

Postby hippy_shake » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:28 pm

Hey,
Despite what the scales may say your health check is probably a better indicator and if you did fantastic then you should feel fantastic! The scales thing could be explained if you weigh yourself without clothes or before eating etc in the morning- I know my weight usually goes up a few kilos during the day so I wouldn't stress out too much. If you've been weighing yourself with the ones at home the whole time then you have still lost the same amount, but perhaps your starting weight was a kilo heavier? Overall your progress is fantastic and I hope you remind yourself of how far you have come to help you get over this rough day.
Hugs!!
Jane
Jane :)

SW:80- 21/05/08
CW:68.5
GW:60

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6qtd3I/]
hippy_shake

Postby Tarz » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:47 pm

Thanks Jane,
No exercise was done on Friday Sat or Sun but food was still okay. Even took time out to indulge is some Baskin Robbins on the grass in the beatiful sun on Saturday. I enjoyed it and do not feel guilty!
Went to the gym this morning for 40 minutes, planning to go again this afternoon.
Tarz

Postby candycane » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:44 pm

hey darlin,

seriously that sucks, but, you've still lost the same amount of weight whether or not its 3 kilos heavier or lighter. There's heaps to take into account like bone density, muscles, water retention AND fat, and with muscle weighing in heavier then fat, and taking up 3 times less room then fat, surely that would account for some of ur overall weight.

People look at me and dont think im overweight, and i weigh in at around 76kilos. This is because overall i'm just a heavier person, and thats not a cop out in the slightest. Im probably not meant to be 60 kilos, and i know that your my height.

Enjoy life because whether your 80 kilos or 60 kilos it shouldnt reflect the quality of your life. Your doing good things, achieving goals, becoming healthier and fitter, so why does it matter whether it takes a couple of months longer then anticipated? I've been loosing and gaining weight my whole life so i guess an extra 6 months in the scheme of things isnt so bad :)

i also enjoyed some gelato last night and didnt worry about it, knowing full well eventually i will burn it off :)

good luck healthy one xx
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

Postby Sussy » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:17 pm

Hey mate, i had Baskin Robbins on the weekend too.....YUMMMMMM (but i shoudln't have!)

I'm pretty sure you're in Mebourne at the mo aren't you, i would've loved to caught up except i have the baby and i'm in Frankston, not really near Melbourne....anyway maybe one day.

As for your scales, this same thing happened to me when i bought my new ones, except with a difference of 2.5kg...i still even to this day when i hop on them think "well on the old scales i would've weighed this" :lol:

I just want to say though that just because it was the Dr's scales doesn't mean they're right. I reckon if you hopped on a whole lot of different scales they'd all say something different so whose do you say is the right weight and how do you know for sure? I guess this is why we should go by how we look and feel and how our clothes are fitting (should take my own advice), anyway just something to think about. Don't get too disheartened you're doing great regardless and you're still 11kg lighter than when you started so thats fantastic in itself.

Anyway chick have fun in Melbourne, the sun is out here today so you have a good day and enjoy it.

Catch ya

xoxo
Sussy

Postby Tarz » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:23 pm

Hi, Melbourne trip got postponed until next month which i am glad about.
Thanks for your comments CC and Sussy.
So Monday i didn't end up going in the arvo to the gym, instead i had to help move a fricken heavy tool box onto the back of a ute then push a car to the garage. Had a naughty dinner, party pies and sausage rolls :oops: But i oh so enjoyed them
Yesterday went to the gym in the morning again (2 days in a row, a miracle!)
Also consumed 2 curly wurlys :oops: Then made anzac biccies last night
Today, couldn't get up so am forcing myself to go at 6pm to do a cardio session on the machines followed by a new boxing class. Extra work today because i had a marz bar :oops:
I am evenining things out at least :mrgreen:
Tarz

Postby Sussy » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:02 pm

Good work mate, sounds like moving the tool box was a workout in itself. :wink:

consumed 2 curly wurlys

Extra work today because i had a marz bar

Don;t know how you manage to stop yourself at 1 or 2 I usually go the whole hog once i start and then some....and then some more........ :roll:
Sussy

Postby Tarz » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:30 pm

So did the boxing circuit on Wednesday night and i am still sore today in the shoulders. Also went to the gym yesterday morning again and beat my pb for running. I did 1.5km straight! Yay. DId just over an hour in total exercise yesterday morning then worked out at stores so was on my feet all day. Was quite sore this morning so will gym this aftrenoon which just reminds me i forgot my gym stuff...bugger will have to go with the masses at peak time.
So far going good!
Have a great weekend all.
Tarz

Postby Cac33 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:38 pm

Hey chicky Sorry I've been so absent lately on forum, emails & FB, I was away & have come back to very busy times ahead with work & planning a surprise party for my mum this weekend.

Well done on your health check, you're in tip top shape & ignore the scales! Like your heading says you're going to show September whose boss!

Take care & keep up the good work!

xoxo
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Postby Tarz » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:23 am

I think September has been a success. I have gotten into the habit of going to the gym in the mornings. ANd eating better. I think i may have lost another cm at least around my butt because the brown work pants i wore at the begininning of the month i put on again this morning seemed bigger again which was a little depressing and great at the same time. So since its the end of Sep i will be moving back to my normal thread. See ya later September!!!!
Tarz

Previous

Return to Daily Exercise Diary