It is currently Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:32 am

Free Newsletter

Does Pilates work?

Tell us what exercises you do and enjoy to keep fit and lose weight.

Moderator: Moderators

Does Pilates work?

Postby Summer » Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:57 am

Has anyone tried pilates for a long time and seen results? I started doing pilates for about two weeks and didn't see any results, so I gave up. But, I've heard that you have to go through at least 30 workouts before you REALLY see results. Has anyone had success with pilates?[/i]

Postby Maraver » Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:25 am

I really wouldn't know
to be honest I do not know much about it
anyone help

Postby Dolly » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:47 am

I had a friend on eDiets swear by it. said it was her only exercise and kept her taught and trim. I personally haven't done it but have seen the ads on TV.

If you take it up again, please let us know if it helps you lose weight.

Postby Serena » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:59 am

I have the Mari Windsor pilates set but they're so hard that I'm not actually fit enough to do a whole video workout. Boy do you feel it working the next couple of days though - muscles that you never even knew you had start to hurt! I also did a beginners pilates course at the community centre and it was a bit slow going for me although I could definitely feel my muscles starting to firm up after a couple of weeks. I went and saw an osteopath who recommended pilates as excellent exercise for back pain and strengthening and she said that she does pilates and after 6 months was only just getting the hang of it. I think that you really have to get the technique right before you start to see huge results and everything I've read says to to have at least one professionally supervised session so they can make sure you are doing it properly.

Postby Dolly » Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:23 am

I might look into this pilates thing (but only if they have a beginners beginner course) super baby stuff. With all my ailments ie neck, shoulder, too fat to bend comfortably and muscles that ache way to often (as of the past year) I think I can only handle pilates for babies 101.

Postby hushpuppy » Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:25 pm

i did Pilates for a couple of months . I found that my posture was way better but as for weight loss i lost a couple of cm but not much to notice
Mind u this was the one that is shown on Austar at 9 am and again at 12
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg

Return to Daily Exercise Diary