It is currently Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:44 pm

Free Newsletter

Ugle Bettys exercise Diary

Tell us what exercises you do and enjoy to keep fit and lose weight.

Moderator: Moderators

Ugle Bettys exercise Diary

Postby uglebetty » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:44 pm

Well getting serious again
Walking for 1 hour at 6km per hour walked a distance of 5.96Kms on treadmill. Watching Sons of Anarchy
I will log in each day if I am to be deadly serious about this weight loss. I am not going to kid myself any longer. I need to change for my health in the future, which does not look good if I am to follow my poor mum with all her problems.
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wonwvRg/]
Nothing tastes as good as feeling skinny and sexy
uglebetty

Re: Ugle Bettys exercise Diary

Postby Blitz » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:52 pm

The best reason for losing weight is the health reason. 8)

One of the things that aided me in losing weight was wearing a beanie whilst I was walking and/or jogging. Written on the beanie was the word "REALITY". It served as a reminder that I was getting real with my friends and family, my God and above all - getting real with myself. The battle of weight loss is the battle of the head. Get that right and the food and the exercise will fall into place. It is all about getting real with ourselves and stop kidding ourselves that everything is ok when it isn't.

This diary of accountablity will be a fab aid to your journey of weight loss. Great start! :D

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby uglebetty » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:47 am

Thanks Kim. Like your beanie I am thinking about have a braclet. Each day that I don't eat any rubbish food (chocolates etc , ) I add a bead to it and when the braclet is full, I will remove all the beads and add one pandora bead and then start again. This will not be easy as I own a shop with chocolate, chips etc in it, each day its in my face.
Anyway day 2 of exercise was 1 hour again walking to my favourite show @6 km per hour, distance walked was 5.86Kms
uglebetty

Postby Blitz » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:09 pm

I like the bracelet idea but its probably a bit too girlie for me. I'll suggest it to my daughter...it's her kind of thing. :D

With a set time like that you could see if you can set new "world records" for yourself. Try beating your last distant record. This carrot is a good way to keep you striving hard and not lapse into too much of a routine which your body will do it's best smooth the calorie burn.

Keep walking...walk to success!
Kim
Blitz

Postby Blitz » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:53 pm

Forgot to post about your shop food temptation. :roll:

This is what I say to myself when food beckons me towards it. I tell myself that THIS food is not mine. I ate my lifetime quota of rubbish food so it isn't mine to have. The idea of this talk is to get away from the "can't have" to the "you've had it so you're not missing out" thinking. Another thing I tell myself is...that's not who I am anymore...that's the old me...the new me doesn't eat that rubbish. Between these two thoughts you can dismiss most temptations.

If something is really getting to you and playing with your mind - then use it to motivate yourself to success. When I was losing weight certain foods would get to me. Rather than surrender what I did was allow myself the food - but only on the condition that I lost 10 kilos! I had to earn the reward (you might want to make it 5 kilos...I had a lot to lose). My first reward was a small glass bottle of coke. By the time I earnt it, I had gone off coke big time...I had gone from downing tons of the stuff to not liking the taste at all. My second earnt reward was a cream jam donut. I enjoyed that one. My third reward was a return to the cream jam donut (return to a winner - why not?). This time my taste buds had shifted. It tasted grossly fatty and that was the end of that craving. In the end, mushroom pies were my reward treats. They were not additions to what I was eating. As of when I earnt them they would be made the main part of my dinner for that night.

Kim
Blitz

Postby uglebetty » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:02 am

Walking another 6 kms last night. Trying to be a little organised with dinner by cooking it in a slow cooker so I can exercise when I get home from work. Another day yesterday with no chocolates or rubbish. Need to work on late night snack, which is normally toast,margarine and vegemite or a weight watchers bar.
uglebetty

Postby uglebetty » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:16 am

Had the night off last night, to rest the body. Still had no rubbish food, thought about it each time I walked passed the fridges. I think it was lucky that I read your story Kim about your weight loss, you were my motivation to say no. Thank you
Back on the treadmill tonight, weights on the weekend.
uglebetty

Postby Blitz » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:19 pm

No...YOU were your own motivation! You can hear the story and advise but if you don't apply it, it is all just words. All power to you to decide to back yourself and dare to act. Good work! :D

Kim
Blitz

Return to Daily Exercise Diary