It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:06 pm

Free Newsletter

tinkies got too move....

Tell us what exercises you do and enjoy to keep fit and lose weight.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: tinkies got too move....

Postby tinkerbella » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:27 pm

Monday had a long and hard walk...did well for an old girl..
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby Blitz » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:49 pm

Old? Never admit to being old! :lol:

Good work. 8)

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby tinkerbella » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:21 pm

old well im getting older everyday I haven't worked out how too stop it,i don't mind getting older it adds character ...I love looking at peoples faces it tells storys you can tell a lot from a persons face..
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby Blitz » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:08 am

Before I lost weight I was young looking for my age.
Now that I've let the air out of the balloon I've developed a lot more "character"! :shock: :lol:

Kim
Blitz

Postby tinkerbella » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:06 pm

Tuesday,
did another good walk today,was very windy...

took mum for my walk she enjoyed it,picked up a bloody dog on the way and he followed me all the way home,kept getting all them dirty looks when the dog kept going on the road...only too have me yelling
"hey mate its not my dog"
"keep your looks too yourself"
bloody dog....
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby tinkerbella » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:25 pm

If I do a 40 minute walk every day I will be very happy with myself.....
I just wish I wasn't so lazy and could find myself doing this everyday I know that my weight lose effort would stay on the right tracks...

another point I know,
when the days get longer and warmer I will get better and will do beach walks...

with the cold weather its so hard too get that mojo.
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby Blitz » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:47 pm

You are doing alright losing weight wise. The more walking you do the more fit you will became and the less lazy you will be.

It really is amazing just how quickly fitness does come. Once upon a time I would plot how close I could park the car to the shopping centre's entrance...do the bare minimum of shops and be laid out at home exhausted. Today, I was all over the shopping centre checking out new printers, finally settling on the last shop - the one closest to my car...carried the heavy box from the back of the shop to the check out and did some further shopping. All done with my 12 year old daughter in tow complaining about all the walking we were doing! My how times change! :lol:

Kim
Blitz

Postby tinkerbella » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:18 am

its also incidental exercise that's good but its when we don't even have incidental exercise that weight goes on...I know now when I stand up I will kick my legs out a few times,or if im outside with the birds I will do star jumps all this muct be helping also...

ive never had big legs or arms my weight has always been in the worst spot around my tummy and I know I should do sit ups but maybe that will b my next thing,
with being a big unit eg 178 cms the weight goes all over and when it comes of it seems too come off from all over my body but im happy too say people are starting too notice..

my face had got very round and its starting too take shape,
I don't want too b skin and bones I just want too be healthy and look fresh...

its just about
1 getting there
2 staying there,im going too need help with knowing how too stay there and I hope you don't get sick of all my questions Kim,
do you think your wife would mind if I had a direct link too you Kim...lol once I get too goal lol...
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby tinkerbella » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:14 pm

Wednesday,why was that such hard work,im sweating like a pig....

but its done and dusted...
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby Blitz » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:04 am

tinkerbella wrote:its just about
1 getting there
2 staying there,im going too need help with knowing how too stay there and I hope you don't get sick of all my questions Kim,
do you think your wife would mind if I had a direct link too you Kim...lol once I get too goal lol...

I think she would mind if you lived down the road! But across the country I think she wouldn't mind it so much. :lol:

I'm sure by the time you get to part two of your journey you will have a real good handle on the way ahead for your maintenance anyway. If you keep hammering it into your head that successful weight loss (and maintaining weight) isn't about diets and periods of denial but rather a healthy lifestyle that you can live with forever...then you will be okay.

Diva, JP and yourself (and others) are getting or have got that idea already. JP for example has been on the boom and bust cycle of weight loss and regain - and really gets what a dead end that approach is. In his past trips away - they were a big excuse to blow it big time. Now he strives to integrate his lifestyle and healthy choices. Yes, that's a harder ask than before - but it is the surest way to permanent success.

JP recently said that a post of mine on maintenance should be put somewhere easy to find. I responded that we had a maintenance section in the Forum that probably was full of sage advice. I was wrong. That section is in a sorry state and should be more than what it is. In the upcoming months I'll be posting a few helpful thoughts there. So stay tuned! :wink:

Kim
Blitz

Postby tinkerbella » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:10 pm

Thursday ticked..
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby Blitz » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:16 pm

Good job!...the harder you work at it the more success you will have! 8)

Kim
Blitz

Postby JP1 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:49 pm

Blitz wrote:
tinkerbella wrote:its just about
1 getting there

I think she would mind if you lived down the road! But across the country I think she wouldn't mind it so much. :lol:

I'm sure by the time you get to part two of your journey you will have a real good handle on the way ahead for your maintenance anyway. If you keep hammering it into your head that successful weight loss (and maintaining weight) isn't about diets and periods of denial but rather a healthy lifestyle that you can live with forever...then you will be okay.

Diva, JP and yourself (and others) are getting or have got that idea already. JP for example has been on the boom and bust cycle of weight loss and regain - and really gets what a dead end that approach is. In his past trips away - they were a big excuse to blow it big time. Now he strives to integrate his lifestyle and healthy choices. Yes, that's a harder ask than before - but it is the surest way to permanent success.

JP recently said that a post of mine on maintenance should be put somewhere easy to find. I responded that we had a maintenance section in the Forum that probably was full of sage advice. I was wrong. That section is in a sorry state and should be more than what it is. In the upcoming months I'll be posting a few helpful thoughts there. So stay tuned! :wink:

Kim

Good to hear Kim, I'm going to be mindful of that advice.. I will really need it to stay on the straight and narrow after I have got down to where I want to be..
Highs : 107 Kg (24 Sept 2007) : 113.5 Kg (12 Jan 2014) : 112.5 Kg (26 Jan 2016)
Current :99.2 Kg (31 May 2016)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014)
Target : 94 Kgs by 15th Jul
JP1

Postby tinkerbella » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:46 pm

I have walked and walked and walked ...alked about 7 hours one day....lol
not a strong walk just a walk.....

I sat for plenty of hours also...
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby Blitz » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:30 am

JP...the bottom line maintenance advise - don't eat so much...and move as if the devil himself was chasing you! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Natasha...good to hear that you did some serious walking. All good! It reminded me about my last holiday. I went for a nightly jog around the streets of Bunbury. Set off from my chalet at the Caravan Park only to return hobbling and blistered four hours later. I took a wrong turning somewhere and the hour jog turned into a marathon before I could find my bearings! :shock: :lol:

Kim
Blitz

PreviousNext

Return to Daily Exercise Diary