It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:15 am

Free Newsletter

Cackleberry's Exercise Diary

Tell us what exercises you do and enjoy to keep fit and lose weight.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Cackleberry's Exercise Diary

Postby Blitz » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:08 am

Had a great 3 hour walkaround with the family on Saturday at an Antiques and Vintage Fair.
We all had a great workout - especially my wallet! :shock: :lol:

Walking is really good exercise. Not only is it a good physical workout but a great mental release as well.
I've been getting back into jogging recently. You do quickly forget how wonderful it makes you feel.
After an 40 minute jog around midnight with the cool music pumping from the ipod...the world seems a better place. :D

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:02 am

Blitz wrote:Had a great 3 hour walkaround with the family on Saturday at an Antiques and Vintage Fair.
We all had a great workout - especially my wallet! :shock: :lol:

Gosh yes; that kind of exercising (though heaps of fun) can be very expensive!!! :shock: Try and keep that activity to a minimum!!! :lol:
DD Diva

Postby Cackleberry » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:08 pm

Yes, it is a great workout and I love it, so really it's a win/win :) It does clear the head when you can get out for a good walk in the fresh air. It's my thinking time.

I went for my walk today and managed to stretch it out to 40 mins :) Going for my weekly walk tomorrow with my friend around the lake which is usually 30 min.
Karen

SW 79.1kg
CW 77.0kg
Short Term GW 69kg (10kg loss)
GW 58kg

Cackleberry

Postby DD Diva » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:12 pm

Do you use CK phone app Karen?
Not saying you should tomorrow when you're walking with your gf, but if you're on your own, try one of those pedometer type apps (I use "runtastic") it shows you how many steps, distance, time, and calories burnt....it's great to see it change with every step and I keep egging myself on "I'll stop when I get to 2000 steps, then no no....at 2500 steps, nahhhhh.....3000" and so on!!! It's fun!!! :wink:
DD Diva

Postby Cackleberry » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:18 pm

I did have CK on my phone, but took it off for some reason. I have been looking for one of those apps on my phone to measure how many calories burnt and how many steps etc!! I will search for runtastic. Is that on iphone?
Karen

SW 79.1kg
CW 77.0kg
GW 58kg

Cackleberry

Postby DD Diva » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:22 pm

Cackleberry wrote:I did have CK on my phone, but took it off for some reason. I have been looking for one of those apps on my phone to measure how many calories burnt and how many steps etc!! I will search for runtastic. Is that on iphone?

Hmmm....not sure. I'll check.
I used the free (with ads :roll: ) for a while to see if it really worked, and it did so I purchased the registered version. The free version doesn't say how many calories you've burned but it tracks the distance, time and steps then all you need to do is put them into CK to calculate.
I'll do some investigating for you........
DD Diva

Postby DD Diva » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:24 pm

There's an online version that it uploads your progress to:
https://www.runtastic.com/

MyFitnessPal is pretty good, for calorie counting AND exercise tracking!!
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/logout
DD Diva

Postby Cackleberry » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:24 pm

Hmmm....not sure. I'll check.
I used the free (with ads :roll: ) for a while to see if it really worked, and it did so I purchased the registered version. The free version doesn't say how many calories you've burned but it tracks the distance, time and steps then all you need to do is put them into CK to calculate.
I'll do some investigating for you........

Ah yep, gotcha. Thanks for that :)
Karen

SW 79.1kg
CW 77.0kg
GW 58kg

Cackleberry

Postby DD Diva » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:25 pm

Yep it's available for iphones
https://www.runtastic.com/en/apps/pedometer
DD Diva

Postby Cackleberry » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:39 pm

Great! Added on my phone now, ready for tomorrow :D
Karen

SW 79.1kg
CW 77.0kg
GW 58kg

Cackleberry

Postby DD Diva » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:41 pm

Cackleberry wrote:Great! Added on my phone now, ready for tomorrow :D

You go girl!!!!I want to see numbers!!! Steps, distance, and time!! But most of all, I wanna see BIG NUMBERS on tomorrow's scales (I expect greatness here Karen, I'll settle for nothing less, okay???) :wink:
DD Diva

Postby Cackleberry » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:42 pm

No pressure though?? :shock: 8) :lol:
Karen

SW 79.1kg
CW 77.0kg
GW 58kg

Cackleberry

Postby DD Diva » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:46 pm

Cackleberry wrote:No pressure though?? :shock: 8) :lol:

ABSOLUTELY none!!! :lol: :lol:

I know you'll deliver Karen, and deep down, so do you!! You can "feel" it right??? I reckon most times, you just know if it'll be favourable. Your body talks to you (you just gotta listen to what it's sayin') :wink: :lol:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:10 pm

It is always good to try to outdo your last exercise effort. Pushing a little bit harder each time.
That is how I went from a meagre 10 minute stroll covering a short distance to a good hour jog covering many kilometres.
The only proviso is to always watch yourself carefully...push it but don't break it!
You can't exercise too well if you end up laying yourself out! :shock:

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:15 pm

Blitz wrote:It is always good to try to outdo your last exercise effort. Pushing a little bit harder each time.
That is how I went from a meagre 10 minute stroll covering a short distance to a good hour jog covering many kilometres.
The only proviso is to always watch yourself carefully...push it but don't break it!
You can't exercise too well if you end up laying yourself out! :shock:

Kim

Very true Kim!!! You have to work it hard but not so hard that you injure yourself.

I know my limits, and I may cross the line from time to time but generally I won't push things too hard unless I'm provoked...then the battle is really on!!! 8) :wink:
DD Diva

PreviousNext

Return to Daily Exercise Diary