It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:42 am

Free Newsletter

Cackleberry's Exercise Diary

Tell us what exercises you do and enjoy to keep fit and lose weight.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Cackleberry's Exercise Diary

Postby Cackleberry » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:36 am

Went for my walk this morning and used the Runtastic App. I love it!! The free version does calculate the calories which is fantastic :D

These are the results:

30 min 45 sec walk, 2.74 distance and 143 calories burnt :)

I felt I could easily walk around the lake a second time, so that might be my challenge this week!
Karen

SW 79.1kg
CW 77.0kg
Short Term GW 69kg (10kg loss)
GW 58kg

Cackleberry

Postby DD Diva » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:42 am

Cackleberry wrote:Went for my walk this morning and used the Runtastic App. I love it!! The free version does calculate the calories which is fantastic :D

These are the results:

30 min 45 sec walk, 2.74 distance and 143 calories burnt :)

I felt I could easily walk around the lake a second time, so that might be my challenge this week!

Yes you're absolutely right, sorry Karen, it does calculate calories (for some reason I was thinking of another app, similar to Runtastic but no where near as good, which doesn't). What I really love about Runtastic too, is that you can check your profile/details online AND it emails you a weekly report of your sessions so you can see how you're (pardon the pun) travelling!!! :wink: :lol: :lol:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:28 am

Cackleberry wrote:I felt I could easily walk around the lake a second time, so that might be my challenge this week!

Sounds like the fitness is really kicking in. :)
If you find the exercise easy...then you know that it is time to kick it up a notch!
Bring on that second lap! 8)

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby Cackleberry » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:09 am

Hmmm i'm hurting today. My knee joints are killing me. I am sure i'm going to have issues with them when i'm older. And i'm achy all over. Ah well, off to work I go...
Karen

SW 79.1kg
CW 77.0kg
GW 58kg

Cackleberry

Postby Blitz » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:05 am

The more weight you manage to get off them - the better your knee joints will be.

I use to have major back problems...and funnily enough being 87 kilos lighter seems to have cleared the problem up in some strange way! :lol: :wink:

But seriously...you will find as you become more fit a lot of those things that you have put down to "getting older" actually do disappear or retreat some. For myself it wasn't just my back either...my asthma symptoms have gone from a daily occurrence to a very rare occurrence as just one more example of many.

As for "achy all over"...welcome to the muscle making club! You just got to keep telling yourself "good hurt - good hurt"! :shock: :lol:

Kim
Blitz

Postby Cackleberry » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:06 pm

I am beginning to think that my knee problem is my extra weight...as much as i'd like to deny that! Another reason to lose this weight :D

I forgot to mention that I took the dog for a 15 min walk last night. Didn't have a lot of time, but figured that was better than nothing :)

Today, I definitely got my exercise. I walked up and down the shopping centre for an hour looking for a present for my son's birthday. I then had a job that was housecleaning for 1.5 hrs. It was really dirty so needed a lot of scrubbing!
Karen

SW 79.1kg
CW 77.0kg
GW 58kg

Cackleberry

Postby Blitz » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:42 am

Every health reason you can add to your head is worth a dozen vanity reasons! :D
What surprised me the most once I lost the weight was how many health issues cleared up that I had never considered had been caused by being overweight!

Every extra bit of exercise that you can squeeze in at any time is better than none.
Good work! 8)

Kim
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:28 am

Blitz wrote:Every health reason you can add to your head is worth a dozen vanity reasons! :D
What surprised me the most once I lost the weight was how many health issues cleared up that I had never considered had been caused by being overweight!

Every extra bit of exercise that you can squeeze in at any time is better than none.
Good work! 8)

Kim

OMG!!!! Kim, I think post and especially that first sentence is INSPIRATIONAL beyond words!!! I've read it over and over, and I just LOVE IT!!! Just wish I could "LIKE" it too!!! :? :lol: :lol:
You're absolutely right!!! :wink: Sure we all want to lose weight for vanity reasons (to look better/sexier) but all too often we forget what shedding even a few kilos can do for your overall health/well being, in that for those that suffer things like high blood pressure or cholesterol or a string of other ailments, the loss can minimise these (if not totally eradicate) them!!! :D
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:27 pm

DD Diva wrote:Sure we all want to lose weight for vanity reasons (to look better/sexier) :D

Well if I had lost weight to look better/sexier I certainly failed on that account! Checking out this temple in front of a mirror without clothes is like looking at an old Greek ruin...you know once upon a time it did look glorious but now age and wear and tear has caught up with it! :shock: :lol:
Far too much loose skin and wrinkles to resurrect the dreams of youth! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kim
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:30 pm

Blitz wrote:
DD Diva wrote:Sure we all want to lose weight for vanity reasons (to look better/sexier) :D

Well if I had lost weight to look better/sexier I certainly failed on that account! Checking out this temple in front of a mirror without clothes is like looking at an old Greek ruin...you know once upon a time it did look glorious but now age and wear and tear has caught up with it! :shock: :lol:
Far too much loose skin and wrinkles to resurrect the dreams of youth! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kim

Well if there's any truth to "Beauty being in the eye of the bolder" you have to wonder if that means that with age, the eyesight going and all, if that makes one look better or worse in their eyes???!!! :shock: :lol: :lol:
Wrinkles are the sign of life well lived; be proud of them!!! :wink:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:59 pm

Well the wrinkles are what they are...the loose skin is a reminder of what happens when you don't look after yourself properly!
At least this way I'll never be able to "conveniently" forget about what happens when you stack on the poundage.

You wrote: "Beauty being in the eye of the bolder"...I think you meant to type "beholder" but I think I do prefer "bolder" because that "beauty" that I behold is a BOLDER reminder than anything else around not to go down that pathway again! :lol:

Kim
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:18 am

Blitz wrote: You wrote: "Beauty being in the eye of the bolder"...I think you meant to type "beholder" but I think I do prefer "bolder" because that "beauty" that I behold is a BOLDER reminder than anything else around not to go down that pathway again! :lol:

Doh!!!! :shock: Those darn spelling mistakes unfortunately don't picked up by spell checkers especially if the word actually exist ie.`beholder' and `bolder'. Either way Kim, boldness (unlike baldness) doesn't necessarily need to be kept under one's hat!!! :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:40 am

Baldness? Gosh don't use that word in front of a man who is follicly challenged!
I wear hats a lot more these days...not for vanity's sake - its just that my head gets so cold! :shock: :lol:

Kim
Blitz

Previous

Return to Daily Exercise Diary