It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:34 pm

Free Newsletter

Thursday 04/01/07

Tell us what exercises you do and enjoy to keep fit and lose weight.

Moderator: Moderators

Thursday 04/01/07

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:06 pm

45 min on the exercise bike (hills program)

Was sooo annoyed, went in to do RPM and the instructor had called in sick.. How dare she!!! Hahaha I'm craving my RPM, haven't done it in 2 weeks due to the classes being off at gym cos of Christmas/New Year!!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby KimE » Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:39 pm

45 mins walking/jogging - I am slowly getting better at this jogging business, building it up doing a bit longer each week. Managed 15 mins straight today and kept it at 9km/hr for 10 of those mins. May not seem like much but it's pretty good going for me. Anyone out there with jogging experience? Is it best to build on the length of the run before the speed? I find I only like running on grass or the treadmill too as I really feel it on harder surfaces.

45 mins weight training

Tired now. But a good tired. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby slimmindown » Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:35 pm

Kim I like the idea of jogging, but my face doesnt want to get that close to my boobs, so I havent tried it as yet :lol:

well done on jogging though, I am envious that you are able to. One day for me 8)
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:48 pm

KimE wrote:45 mins walking/jogging - I am slowly getting better at this jogging business, building it up doing a bit longer each week. Managed 15 mins straight today and kept it at 9km/hr for 10 of those mins. May not seem like much but it's pretty good going for me. Anyone out there with jogging experience? Is it best to build on the length of the run before the speed? I find I only like running on grass or the treadmill too as I really feel it on harder surfaces.

45 mins weight training

Tired now. But a good tired. :D

Good work Kim!!! It's definitely important to get comfortable with the length of the run, I think once you can do 20 mins straight you should be able to start upping the speed... You could try some interval training - 1 min @ 9km, 1 min @ 7.5km or something like that!
I'm not a natural runner either, but I've improved so much and am running a LOT quicker than when I started!!!
I personally don't agree with running on harder surfaces, you get enough impact on your joints on the tready/grass/sand, you need to stick to what's comfortable for you :)
zeedeveelgirl

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:31 pm

Image HI :)

LOL@ DEB
im with you deb im not game to hit the pavement yet and im embarrassed that people will stare at moi!!
kate_turner2000

Postby corolla_chick » Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:28 pm

40 minute walk
35 minute bush walk
beck :D

corolla_chick

Postby yummymummy » Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:05 pm

30min bike ride(damm those hills!)
30min brisk walk
:mrgreen: Jody
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby KimE » Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:13 am

Thanks for the advice Emma. Will slowly build to 20 mins and go from there. Intervals are a good idea too. I tend to jog on the treadmill or else at the local park. The park is a good one as it takes a good 15 mins to walk there at a fast past so I am good and warm before the run. Have also started stretching after warming up and before getting into more intense exercise plus a good stretch afterward and this really seems to make a difference too.

Cheers!
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Thu

Postby FatGarfield » Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:14 am

50 mins walking
5 mins Cross Trainer
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wfl9pOG/]
[/url]

Cheers... FatGarfield
FatGarfield

Postby laura » Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:28 am

I was sooo busy yesterday morning and I didn't do my bike session, then in the afternoon I went to the gym thinking that I'll come back and jump on the bike. I didn't do it :oops: :oops: . In the end a pipe broke and we ended up without water so I was busy pulling my hair out :evil: for the rest of the day. Now I'm wainting for the plumber, I don't have water so I can't have a shower :( but the good news is that I have to stay at home and I don't have any sweets to keep me company.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wVPFGZa/]
[/url]
laura

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:06 am

hi laura
hope it all turns out ok with your pipe :( that would suck big time!
never mind you had a valid excuse!
kate_turner2000

Postby bluebox451 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:01 pm

Its amazing how quickly you can improve your jogging. When I first tried it, I barely could do 30 seconds without feeling I was going into cardiac arrest :shock: but slowly I increased each time by 15 or 30 secs and soon I was running for 5 mins at a time. From there, the sky's the limit - you can increase much quicker and it didnt take long before I could go 10, then 20, then 30 and 40 mins at a time. Like you said interval training is much better, not only can you work on your speed and fitness but you burn waay more calories in 20 mins of that than in a 45 min jog at a steady pace. I usually walk for the first minute, light jog second minute, normal jog for 3rd min, fast jog on the 4th minute and then flat out sprint on the 5th minute. Do this four times and youve got yourself 20 mins interval running (which includes 4 minutes of walking but believe me you'll be puffing so hard you wont notice you're walking). Another benefit of this is that interval training increases your metabolism and you'll be burning calories all day long - I think its up to about 6 or 8 hours later that your metabolism goes back to normal. :D :D :D :D
Liz 8)
bluebox451

Postby SarahC » Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:46 pm

Yeah it's great how that happens. I had to do a 2.4km run for the fitness test when I joined the Navy. When I found out I pretty much freaked as I had never really run that far before. I started training at the local running track (400m track) and could barely do one lap. Only took a couple of months to build it up - never thought I could do it. After a year in the Navy I blitzed the lot of them... was the fastest girl in the group (about 20 or so girls). I can now run for about 10km I think... for over an hour anyway :D
SarahC

Postby bluebox451 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:10 am

Wow, good on you! :D :D I'd love to be the fastest at something, I can jog for ages but I'm sooooo slow! :?
When I got my new ipod with the nike running attachment I ran for 47 mins and it said I'd completed 10kms. I was ecstatic! :lol: :lol:
Then I realised you had to calibrate it first and when I did the same run again I had in fact only done about 6 or 7kms :oops: :( :( :roll:
That's why I'm working on my interval training now and soon I'd like to do one of those 10km fun runs, maybe the mothers day classic in May.
Have you ever done one?
Liz
bluebox451

Postby bluebox451 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:42 pm

Woops, didnt see the new jogging thread. Sorry! :oops: :oops:
bluebox451

Return to Daily Exercise Diary