It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:22 am

Free Newsletter

Saturday 13/1/07

Tell us what exercises you do and enjoy to keep fit and lose weight.

Moderator: Moderators

Saturday 13/1/07

Postby slimmindown » Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:19 am

1 hr curves
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby zoeh » Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:58 pm

What is curves?

1 hour contemporary dance class
1 hour jazz ballet dance class
zoeh

Postby slimmindown » Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:11 pm

its a fitness centre for women where you do circuit work with resistance equipment 30 secs on equip then 30 secs cardio in between, and you just keep going from equip to equip withthe cardio in between. My centre has 11 pieces of equip and I go round 5 times and stretch for 5 mins which brings it up to an hour :)
slimmindown

Postby zoeh » Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:33 pm

Oh!

I have seen curves in Kew.

Is it a good gym?

Having guys at a gym is half the fun ;)

(Btw... I am kidding, but sometimes a guy who isn't a muscle head will come in who can get your mind off the treadmill for a minute)
zoeh

Postby slimmindown » Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:16 pm

its really good for me exactly what I'm after. Its not a gym as such they call it a fitness centre because the equipment is resistant not for building muscle, it is designed for weight loss 8)

there are many centres because of it being a franchise, it also means you can go to other curves if on hols or just want to check out another venue, you just get a travel pass from your home curves.

so far I have lost a total of 60 cm in the last 2 months since I've been going,so it works for me and there are always lots of ladies there of all fitness levels, I guess that is what appeals to me you can go hard or ease up if feeling a little tired 8) :D

the boy factor doesnt really worry me, I'm kinda glad they are not there to see me sweating and pulling faces on the equip :lol: :lol:
slimmindown

Postby zoeh » Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:29 pm

wow that is a lot of cms off! Well done

I didnt know they had equipment more focused on weight loss, that is really good and makes sense considering it is a women only gym.
zoeh

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:54 pm

10km bike ride :)
kate_turner2000

Postby shaz73 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:22 am

Hotpants DVD workout. Hotpants is a dance workout choreographed by Dan Karaty. He's one of the choreographers off So You Think You Can Dance.

But the workout is soooo easy but but hard work. By easy, I mean unco-ordinated dorks like me can still do it!!! LOL!!! And you work up a sweat. I love it!
Proud Mum of 4 - it's the best job I've ever had!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wgt4vP2/]
shaz73

Return to Daily Exercise Diary