It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:16 am

Free Newsletter

I just jogged 7 kilometres

Tell us what exercises you do and enjoy to keep fit and lose weight.

Moderator: Moderators

I just jogged 7 kilometres

Postby Julie » Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:24 am

Wow, this morning I jogged for 1 hour and covered about 7 kilometres. I did jog really slowly, but a few months ago I couldn't have jogged 1 kilometre without stopping!

For those interested, the keys for me have been to build up slowly and really take my time. I jog very slowly and am never really gasping for air like a lot of people that run past me seem to be doing.

My goal over the next month or so is to increase my jogs to about 10 kilometres (wow, 10 kilometres!!!).

As well as feeling much fitter, I'm starting to notice that my hips and waist are getting slimmer and the muscles underneath a little harder. It feels great!

I'll let you all know how I progress. :D
Julie

Postby Maraver » Mon May 02, 2005 5:58 pm

You are a legend good on yer
I plan to start walking tomorrow
:o
Maraver

Thanks

Postby Julie » Tue May 03, 2005 11:25 am

Today I covered 9 kilometres and only stopped once (for a pee!).

Again I jogged very slowly and got sick of people passing me but I kept going.

Apart from a little soreness in my legs it was actually ok.

Next week I plan to cover 9.5k's and the week after 10! :D
Julie

exercise

Postby hushpuppy » Thu May 12, 2005 9:24 pm

Wow u are very deciplined . Me i lack the motivation to exercise . Living in tassie dont help as its always cold .LOL but i plan just to start walking around the block and start from there Ill keep u posted on how it goes :oops:
hushpuppy

Walking around tassie would be great!

Postby Julie » Thu May 12, 2005 11:49 pm

I find the more I exercise, the better I get at it and the easier it is to motivate myself. Sometimes it can get boring, but it helps changing the scenery every now and again.

Walking in tassie would be lovely, you must have some very scenic paths close by. When you've got great things to look at (like nature and stuff) it doesn't really seem like exercise.

Please do keep us posted, I find it motivating hearing about other peoples great progress. Starting by walking around the block is perfect and I look forward to hearing about you walking your first 5K! Go girl!
Julie

Postby Maraver » Fri May 13, 2005 7:11 am

Yes I need to get back on the walking trail too
Had a lousy week busy at work early hours till late
a funeral
Next week will be better
Pam
Maraver

I've had a bad exercise week too!

Postby Ed » Fri May 13, 2005 10:28 am

This week's been a shocker for me exercise wise too.

I'm glad to say that I haven't had a funeral to go to, but my routine has just gotten out of wack.

But today is a new day and I'm off for a walk and I might even break out into a slow jog!
Ed

Postby hushpuppy » Fri May 13, 2005 1:19 pm

Yup your right we do have senic walks here. My goal at the moment is to walk about two km from where i live and walk along the river . We actually live where the Spirit Of Tasmania docks in .At the moment it looks a long way as it is down hill on the way and up on the way back but ill get there . It all counts even the little baby steps
cheers jules
hushpuppy

Postby Ed » Sat May 14, 2005 12:40 pm

It sure does all count. Even though uphills can be hard, they do help you burn more calories and give you something to look forward to - the downhills! They help tone the legs and but muscles too, and who in their right mind doesn't want a tighter but?!

After a shocking week for exercise (I hardly did any) I've just gotten back from a bike ride and I felt like staying out all day!

It's about 20 degrees outside (Melbourne), the wind is but a gentle breeze, everybody is out walking and enjoying the sunshine, heaven!

I rode nice and easy, didn't push myself hard, which made it perfect for thinking. Sometimes I do my best thinking while riding, it must be all the oxygen getting to the brain!

If only we felt like this everyday!
Ed

Postby buffmumof2 » Sun May 29, 2005 11:49 am

I am very lucky to live in Qld even in winter we have beautiful warm days to go walking/riding/rollerblading etc.

I joined my local gym in January and it was the best thing I have ever done. I go 5 times a week and love the way it makes me feel afterwards.

I found only walking wasn't moving any weight.

But good on you Julie for jogging that far.

Leeanne
buffmumof2

Postby hushpuppy » Sun May 29, 2005 3:47 pm

<.......... wishes she was in qld where its warm our top temp for the last three days has been 12 brrrrr and its not winter yet :cry:
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Return to Daily Exercise Diary