It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:51 pm

Free Newsletter

Friday 2/12

Tell us what exercises you do and enjoy to keep fit and lose weight.

Moderator: Moderators

Friday 2/12

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:36 am

Walking down town again - I forgot my medicare form and bill for the dentist last time :roll:

My arm is a wee bit stiff from badminton last night, but it was wonderful fun
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Dolly » Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:17 am

Oh Tegan, sorry to hear agbout your arm, I hope it heals soon.

Exercise
Brisk walking to the shops and back (30 minutes)
Dolly

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:54 am

thanks dolly, it's not bad sore though, just sore enough to tell me I've been doing something it's not used to. I'm more worried about my ankle which I think I've aggravated (my poor joints) - must get a support for it before next week
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby BigM » Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:03 pm

1 hour excercise bike
15 min light aerobics
30 min abswing (don't know how effective this thing is, but i'v had it for sometime without trying to giving it a go)
15 min dumbell excercises

P.S i was watching The Biggest Loser finale while doing these exercises and it really helped to motivate me to push onwards :)
BigM

Postby Dolly » Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:07 pm

Big M as I was reading the amount of exercise you'd done for the day, I was thinking wow this guy works as hard as those biggest loser guys, then I read your last paragraph :lol:
That show really does inspire doesn't it. We're 3 hours behind you here in Perth so I'm yet to see who won.

In the middle of this thread http://www.weightloss.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=352 there is a sign up for the Biggest Loser Show when it comes to Aus. Are you going to enter, we'd love to watch you on TV. 8)
Dolly

Postby carla » Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:12 pm

wow BigM...Ive been thinking of incorporating a 15 minute exercise schedule into a daily routine just consisting of some ab crunches, stretches and maybe some resistance work. I watched the finale of Biggest loser tonight too. I havent been following it..generally dont like reality TV, but I still felt elated for those people and the winner. Plus, wow...they are all quite gorgeous!

Today, I just walked down the street and back. All up, about 40 minutes walking.
carla

Postby Dolly » Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:21 pm

I think having BigM on our forum is going to really help us get motivated.
I might actually stop using my treadmill as a clotheshorse and use the darn thing tomorrow.
Dolly

Postby BigM » Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:25 pm

hehe, thanks for the compliments but those guys on the Biggest Loser work way harder than me, and i think the results are both motivating and inspirational for everyone. I doubt i'll enter than program, it seems too intense and i think there are many more people out there who can benefit more than me. The main goal is to keep yourself happy, i believe that doing this you keep your mind off food as much as possible. Meditation helps too, it keeps me relax and keeps my mind off food. Basically my excercise program is quite active, it was my studies that interfered and now that schools over, i'm trying to get back on track.

Yes carla the 15 min schedule sounds great, i usually don't do many of those but a little session over time can really help.
BigM

Postby Dolly » Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:34 pm

Are you self taught with the meditation or do you have a dvd to follow?

I think when the biggest loser comes to Oz we should all join in and lose weight with them.
Dolly

Postby BigM » Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:13 pm

I'm a real life Buddhist, so i began meditating at a very young age. Its not too hard to follow though, you can simply sit within a quiet room or with soft slow music in the background and in a relaxed position. The main focus is to block out all thoughts, relax the muscles and let the time flow.

P.S. don't try and fall asleep :D
BigM

Postby Dolly » Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:29 pm

Cheers, I actually ordered a meditation video, but by the time it arrived at my house from Melbourne our video player had broken so it's just a dust collecter now.
I've often thought I need to buy a meditation DVD but if you say I can do it with some quiet time, then I'll give it a go, thank you so much.
Dolly

Postby losebabyfat_2005 » Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:09 am

I did about 2 hours walking, I didn't sit down much yesterday afternoon! (too busy)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wgD7vDi/]
[/url]
losebabyfat_2005

Return to Daily Exercise Diary