It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:35 pm

Free Newsletter

Wednesday 11 July

Tell us what exercises you do and enjoy to keep fit and lose weight.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:24 pm

vanessa0305 wrote:Wow Kate, I didn't know that but now I have done it I plan to do it every time I hit the treadmill or go for a walk outside like today! I felt so powerful! I have never been able to run, always too fat and awkward. Even when I started my journey and was walking 6km a day, I couldn't run further than white guide post to the next one, about 20 metres! I felt pretty disgusting and so was happy just to walk fast. I also never wanted anyone to see me run, stopping and starting, red faced and out of breath, really struggling holding my side with a stitch, too embarrassing!! So I was too scared to even try even though I knew my fitness level was much improved but today I felt like such a fat slug, not going to the gym and eating too much (bloody nuts I tell you, my undoing!) I decided to just try, and just to keep going, every time I wanted to stop, I told myself keep going, you're not in pain (and I wasn't, no stitch at all), you're doing great, keep going. The only thing that was painful was the very very cold air in my lungs.....that hurt and I coughed and coughed when I got back..lol. I know my hips will hurt tomorrow, but I don't care it was worth it!!!

mind over matter vanessa :) i think its great you pushed your body that bit further :) makes all the difference :) see you didnt get to go to the gym but you got to achieve something bigger and better :)
kate_turner2000

Postby milkyway » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:32 pm

vanessa0305 wrote:Wow Kate, I didn't know that but now I have done it I plan to do it every time I hit the treadmill or go for a walk outside like today! I felt so powerful! I have never been able to run, always too fat and awkward. Even when I started my journey and was walking 6km a day, I couldn't run further than white guide post to the next one, about 20 metres! I felt pretty disgusting and so was happy just to walk fast. I also never wanted anyone to see me run, stopping and starting, red faced and out of breath, really struggling holding my side with a stitch, too embarrassing!! So I was too scared to even try even though I knew my fitness level was much improved but today I felt like such a fat slug, not going to the gym and eating too much (bloody nuts I tell you, my undoing!) I decided to just try, and just to keep going, every time I wanted to stop, I told myself keep going, you're not in pain (and I wasn't, no stitch at all), you're doing great, keep going. The only thing that was painful was the very very cold air in my lungs.....that hurt and I coughed and coughed when I got back..lol. I know my hips will hurt tomorrow, but I don't care it was worth it!!!

What a fantastic effort Vanessa.

I've just got to point out that whenever I am out there walking or running and if I see an overweight person running, I am sooo inspired by them and think to myself "GOOD on you!!!" and I usually try to make eye contact and smile, but so often people are so focussed on what they're doing, eyes down etc. that they don't see me :( Actually, I think that about anybody I see running. during the day if I'm in the car and I see anyone running, I'm sooo jealous!

I reckon most people would think "Good on you" too. I am part of a running forum and I know most people would think that, too. Sure, there are a few d*ckheads out there that would shoot you down in a flurry of insults, but never let that stop you giving anything a go :D
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby milkyway » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:33 pm

Actually, what I came here for:

1 x 25 min walk with dog
1 x 15 min walk with dog
1 x 20 min walk to supermarket & shops etc.

And I feel fine...I think I am well enough to hit the gym tomorrow :D - I'll take it easy though.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby shokoden » Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:59 am

Wow Vanessa that is excellent good for you. Its amazing watching and feeling the difference in your body isn't it? And Kate 10kms on the bike how long does that take you?

Me i did 45 mins on the treadmill and 30 minutes on the bikel
shokoden

Postby sassi » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:04 am

congrats vanessa!

i did 20 mins exercise bike & 10 mins weights
sassi

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:31 am

hey san great to see you are feeling better. enjoy the gym!!!

it takes me about 20 minutes to do 10km. i power along though i dont dawdle lol
kate_turner2000

Postby grugwashere » Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:27 pm

week2 Day 1 Running cool Program

90 secs running to 2 mins walking 6 intervals
SW:91kg
CW:75kg
GW: Somwhere in the 60's for now

Next mini goal:73kg
grugwashere

Previous

Return to Daily Exercise Diary