It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:52 pm

Free Newsletter

Thursday 22/12

Tell us what exercises you do and enjoy to keep fit and lose weight.

Moderator: Moderators

Thursday 22/12

Postby Dolly » Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:00 am

Too busy preparing for unexpected visitors today. My brother-in-law Brian had a mild heart attack yesterday (one blocked artery) so the flying doctor flew him up to Sir Charles Gardner Hospital last night. His wife and one of his daughters will be staying at our place as soon as they can drive herre (don't know for how long)
And today my husband is picking up my mother-in-law, we promised her she could stay for one week around Christmas. I hope I can still pull off having Christmas dinner here for my family :shock:
My husbands brother was slim, exercised daily and never ate fatty foods but he used to smoke and eat sweet stuff (eating too much sugar converts to fat) He used to love his honeycomb (not the choc coated stuff) and he always had two heaped sugars in his cuppa's) I hope he'll be okay. I'm guessing they'll probably do a stent procedure through the thigh.
Dolly

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:17 am

That's no good Dolly, I hope he recovers soon. At least it is only one artery. My grandmother had angina, smoked like a chimney. She had to gove up or they wouldn't do a triple heart bypass. She gave up and had the surgery, was recovering well. When she unfortunately died a month later, we discovered how she'd given up - some rolled up cardboard with cloves and other herb in them (a couple of which she'd accidently lit out of habit) lol. Upshot is, i think 2 of my uncles and my dad have high blood pressure so it really is in my best interests to lose some weight and get some pressure of my little ticker.

I'm walking in to town again today to help the bloke out with some chrissy shopping :roll: men! It's cooler today so I'll probably be walking home too.

10400 steps over 3 hours of pretty constant walking (even if some of it was browsing type walking). Not entirely sure how accurate the pedometer was - my shorts waistband is now loose so it kept sliding around!
Last edited by Butterfly_Dawn on Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Dolly » Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:35 am

My husband has high blood pressure at the moment. He is a salad muncher so I don't have to worry about fat in his arteries, we're cutting out all salt, but he never gets time to exercise, he works 10 hour days, then does work 5 hours work on the computer when he gets home :(
Dolly

Postby carla » Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:11 pm

ten minutes of stretches, warm-ups and tummy crunches
25 minute jog
carla

Return to Daily Exercise Diary