It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:43 am

Free Newsletter

walking

Tell us what exercises you do and enjoy to keep fit and lose weight.

Moderator: Moderators

walking

Postby Serena » Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:23 pm

Last week I started walking after ages of not exercising at all and I can tell you it was a real shock to the system. I was puffed out completely after just 1.9km! I have been trying to walk everyday since - weather permitting - and I have increased the distance to 2.5km. Luckily I seem to recover fitness fairly quickly (it's a pity I don't also lose weight quickly). I will keep trying to walk everyday and next week I might dust off some of my tae-bo videos and give them another go. They worked for me once before.
Serena

Postby hushpuppy » Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:53 pm

Hi serena . Good work keep at it . When i first jumped on here all i could manage was 500m with feeling like i was going to colapse . I can now do 2.5km pretty easy {somedays } . It does get easier with time
Cheers jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby Maraver » Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:21 am

Good girls way to go
Pam
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcPPfC1/]
[/url]
Maraver

Postby emma21 » Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:19 pm

I find that it depends on the time of day as to how stuffed i feel after walking a certain distance. Some days I can do my 2 mile dvd with no probs.. other days I do it at a different time and can only just make it to 1.5 miles...

Well that was my 2 cents worth lol

Emma :D
emma21

Postby emma21 » Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:22 pm

Now that I have been doing my walking dvds for a while now, I know now that it isnt what time i exercised, it was how unfit i was.

As my fitness builds I am finding it so much easier to exercise and stay committed to exercising....

Bring on the exercise!!

Emma :lol:
emma21

Postby Serena » Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:15 pm

I know what you mean, Emma. I thought I was doing pretty good with a daily 20 minute walk and I thought my fitness was improving heaps. Then I started going to the gym and boy did I get a rude awakening! Firstly my gym isn't on the ground floor, so you have to walk up a really steep flight of steps and then there's another set of really steep steps in the gym so the cardio stuff is upstairs again and the weights on the lower level. And my program involves 20 minutes each of exercise bike hill program and the cross-trainer (also known as free-runner and eliptical strider) every day. Boy are those cross-trainers tough! You sweat the whole way through and puff and pant and by the time you get off your face is as red as a beetroot and your legs feel like jelly. But I find it really enjoyable because of the challenge and the fact that you really feel like you've had a good workout. And my fitness has improved so much that I can nearly walk up all those stairs without feeling puffed. That's a huge improvement in just 2 weeks. And going to the gym is hardly even an effort at all. I used to sit around asking myself wether or not I would go to the gym (the answer was nearly always no) but now I don't even think about it, I just go. If I have something else that needs to be done then I'll skip a session but I've decided that I'm not going to give myself permission to 'not feel like it' and I'm going to go every weekday and eventually it will become habit. I think it's already starting actually.
Serena

Return to Daily Exercise Diary