I agree that the burn offs are a must, it's just sad for the asthmatics or people like me who can die of pneumonia if we get smoke in our lungs.
Last year January (I never saw a warning on the news) I just woke up to the house thick with smoke. I thought some little school kit firestarter has set fire to the hills again.
But after finding my chemical mask I later found out that calm had been doing burning offs.
I agree they should do burn offs, and they do a fantastic job but I just wish I'd seen a big warning
so I could have headed for geraldton or something.
I did get pneumonia in my left lung from that episode, then after three courses of antibiotics, my lung lining collapsed onto my lung and tore appart (very painful) leaving a sore patch when I breath, I am still tender there right now, but not as bad.
My sensitivity to smoke and chemicals (allergy induced pneumonia) practically leaves me a prisoner in my home.
People smoke outside shop doors and in carparks so I can't go there.
Most parties people smoke so I have to leave after 5 minutes.
I'm supposed to go to a singaporean bbq tonight but I'm sure someone will smell of cigarette smoke and I will have to come straight back home.
I guess the only safe outing I can have is to visit at my parents house.
I don't have a car airconditioner but in the sweltering heat I have my car window closed because of people in the cars in front of me blowing smoke out of their windows. One light wiff and my lung condition could turn to emphysema and kill me (even though I have never smoked in my life)
I have a chemical mask like this boy is wearing, it's hot and painful and embarrasing to wear in public, just so I can enter a shopping centre because of inconsiderate people smoking outdoors in public, especially outside the store doors.