It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:50 pm

Free Newsletter

Wednesday 11/1

Tell us what exercises you do and enjoy to keep fit and lose weight.

Moderator: Moderators

Wednesday 11/1

Postby Dolly » Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:44 am

still not feeling 100%
might just do some floor exercises today
Dolly

Postby Groovychic » Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:29 am

Don't push yourself too much Dolly if you aren't feeling too good. Well I checked the pedometre when I went for a walk today. I took 60 steps and it said 59! So it is definitely getting closer to being more accurate! Anyway it said 4300 steps, 2.98 kms and it took me 40 mins! I was going to go further but the flies were annoying me even on the bush track so new they would be worse on the road! Amazing that the flies aren't as bad on the bush track! But in the paddock or on the road they are terrible. This afternoon I will take the kids to the dam again and swim 6 lengths, with different strokes each time. A bit more freestyle this time tho. It took me about 15 mins yesterday so with another length it will hopefully be closer to 20 mins. Its a bit warmer today too so it should be more enjoyable. The dam is about 200 or so metres long so they are good lengths!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:49 am

walked around the waterworks dams. 8500- 9000 steps ish. Will make up 10,000 during the day.

I was having one of those "I can't be bothered, I just want to vegetate all day" days, so I made myself get up and do it, but didn't push myself quite as hard. At least I was still doing it and getting in the routine.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Groovychic » Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:58 am

Blimey thats a lot of steps! I get those days when you can't be bothered. Like yesterday I didn't feel like getting out of bed but I forced myself and did aerobics and felt great afterwards. And then last night my partner said to me "have you put weight on lately cos you look fatter".......hhhmm nice hey! But he would only say that if it was true. So it has given me a bit of motivation to lose it now. Even if I only lose half a kg then I will be happy. Just anything. So I am pushing the exercise up a notch and going to try and do over an hour a day. The last few months has been between 40 and 60 mins of walking now I am doing different things ie aerobics a couple of times a week and the swimming a couple of times a week. So if I can get the exercise to 1 hour 15 or more that might make the difference. So the plan for today is to go swimming this arvo with the kids then about 6 go for another 30 min walk. So that should add up to pretty much 1.5 hours. And I am going to do it! Watch this space tomorrow and you will see!!!
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby Dolly » Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:08 pm

Hi Groovychic, what a brave partner you have to boldly tell you when you look fatter.
I'd hate to say what might happen if my DH became so bold, teehee!

Dolly

Postby Groovychic » Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:14 pm

Thats the way he is Dolly. Thats what is good about him. I would rather he tells me my bum looks huge than say it doesn't. Tho the scales did say only 1 kg had gone on in the last 3 months so I don't quite understand that. I had been slack with the exercise over the last month so I am assuming that I have lost some muscle and put on some fat. When I asked him compared to when he said compared to when I was walking every day a couple of months ago that I looked fatter and maybe I should consider going back to walking again! Hence the walk this morning. He doesn't know about the exercise I have been undertaking the last week or so. He thinks I have been sitting on my fat bum!!! hahaha. He has this reasoning that if a woman starts to lose weight that she is either trying to find another man or she wants to find another man. So I said to him that I can stay fat then and he said yep he doesn't care!!! But I want to be comfortable in my clothes and I'm not going out to buy the next size up! So it won't be for a new man it will be to save him some money!!!
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby Groovychic » Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:20 pm

I should put why he has that reasoning about women losing weight for another man. His older sister was quite overweight and a couple of years ago she started to lose it. Which was great. She lost something like 60kgs over about 15 months. Then a few months after that she left her hubby of 25 years and went off with this new fella. They had been having an affair for about the time that she started losing weight!!! Snake (partner's nicname) finds it very hard to be in the same room with her as he is so angry. She has since put about 25 kgs back on. But she looks better when she was really skinny. Snake lost all respect for her when she left with this new man. But it's her decision. I didn't much like her husband anyway. He used to yell at her a lot and say horrible things to her, in front of people as well so it wasn't just what she was saying. He never hit her but there was never any respect. I don't really like the new bloke either but at least he respects her and seems to really care about her. Well I think but I am still a bit dubious about it as she is getting a lump sum pay out that is nearly half a mill so not sure if things might deteriorate a short time after that! But maybe I am cynical. Time will tell and it isn't my problem so I'm not worrying about it!
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby Dolly » Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:14 pm

Yes I know a lot of people who have lost weight when they spy someone they are attracted to.

I do understand about you appreciating your partners honesty.
My daughter always comes to me when she's about to go out to ask how she looks because I'm the only one that will tell her the truth about how something looks on her. Her friends and her fiance always say it looks good so there's no point in her asking them.

Lunch
1 round of bread with peanut paste
1 glass of no fat milk.
Dolly

Postby carlton » Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:25 pm

Today at the gym I did:-

10 mins on the stepper
10 mins running on the treadmill
10 mins walking on the treadmill.
carlton

Postby Fairie » Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:35 pm

1 Mile Walking DVD
2 hours physical work around our 145 Aviaries.
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Return to Daily Exercise Diary