It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:05 pm

Free Newsletter

Temptation

What foods do you crave and how do you keep yourself from eating too much.

Moderator: Moderators

Temptation

Postby A*Del » Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:55 pm

My weakness has always been chocolate, and after many attempts to eat in moderation I have decided that the best way is to cut it out altogether.
The problem is, my brother is fundraising, and he's selling freddos, picnics, time outs etc. It's always there and I have a really bad habit of just eating it even if I don't have money and just paying it back later.
I've tried to get my dad to take the boxes to work, but he keeps forgetting. Any other suggestions you guys have, to stop me giving into temptation? What do you guys eat when you crave something you can't have?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wq4an0i/]
[/url]
There's nothing sexy about skin and bones - you gotta have some junk in the trunk!
A*Del

Postby Mandie » Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:32 pm

Brush your teeth, or chew gum, or drink a big glass of water, or go hide the chocolates somewhere - out of sight, out of mind!
Mandie

Postby Playboy_bunny » Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:19 pm

mandie has some great ideas there ;) as far as your dad taking them to work, if it was me, I would physically pick up the boxes and put them in his car ready for tomorrow, so that you know they are gone ;) xx
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby shelbel » Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:26 pm

Substitiution or distraction!

Try having a chupa chop or mini paddle pop instead.
Or doing something else to take your mind off the choc, like going for a walk, playing on the computer, knitting, whatever, anything!!
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby SarahC » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:04 am

Sometimes if I'm craving something sweet, I'll deliberately eat something salty instead, and vice versa. It sometimes works too :wink:
SarahC

Postby A*Del » Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:36 am

Well I asked my dad when he was taking the choccies to work, and he took them this morning. All that's left are the nougat bars (which I don't like). My brother also ate the last of the oreos (for breakfast probably) and has left the potato chips (in flavors I don't like).
So its looking good!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wq4an0i/]
[/url]
There's nothing sexy about skin and bones - you gotta have some junk in the trunk!
A*Del

Return to Cravings Corner