It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:28 am

Free Newsletter

Why oh why did he offer me the chips!

What foods do you crave and how do you keep yourself from eating too much.

Moderator: Moderators

Why oh why did he offer me the chips!

Postby Pandora » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:42 pm

why did i accept?!

my dad came over to visit me before and as i was seeing him off, he stuck his head out the window and said -- "oh!! crinkle cut or thins?" and i just replied "crinkle, thanks!" and was handed a big bag of smiths.

now the chips are on the kitchen table and damn, they're on my mind! but not as much as before, because i forced myself to eat a healthy dinner. much easier to handle cravings when you're not hungry!

anyway, it's only my second day on the kick, shouldn't be craving already! did i mention my veggie soup dinner last night was really depressing!

not gonna hit the chips though! no harm done... right?!

pandora/chippie monsta :twisted:
Pandora

Re: Why oh why did he offer me the chips!

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:59 am

Why not throw the packet away or give them to someone else? I know that in the past I would have been horrified at the thought, thinking it was a waste of food. But the food is going to be wasted whether you eat it or throw it away anyway. Would you rather all that fat in the bin or on your hips? If you keep them around the house they're just going to be an unnecessary temptation. If you don't want to eat them chuck them out now. Throwing out food rather than eating it is actually quite empowering too. It tells your subconscious that just because food is around doesn't mean you need to eat it for no reason.

Good luck!
EvilWombatQueen

Re: Why oh why did he offer me the chips!

Postby Pandora » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:10 am

hey EWB :D

you're right, i'm gonna give them to mum, she can deal with them -- lol! was sooo close to just "having a taste" last night! i don't think there's anything wrong with throwing out food especially if one had behavioural issues toward it, i've read about retraining where you really have to be conscious of what you're eating, food should be perfect when you're putting it in your mouth - rather than just shoving it in for the sake of it. makes sense. i got fat by eating mindlessly!

pandora :D
Pandora

Return to Cravings Corner