It is currently Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:58 pm

Free Newsletter

Fighting temptations

What foods do you crave and how do you keep yourself from eating too much.

Moderator: Moderators

Fighting temptations

Postby Cac33 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:04 am

I think I have done pretty well to fight off temptations of late. My husband works a very physical job so he can eat crap & still loose or maintain weight.

We went to a Japanese restaurant for dinner on the weekend, here I am choosing the vegetable curry with steamed rice & he orders deep fryed chicken with no veges or salad. Then we watched a DVD at home which he bought lollies & M&Ms to eat in front of the telly. I checked calorie king to work out exactly how many I can eat & still be within my calorie count. I had 20 M&Ms which I didn't think was too bad considering I had walked 2 hours that day, he continued to polish off all the lollies.

Yesterday we were at the shops & he goes over to Krispy Creme while I'm at the butchers, I told him I didn't want anything but he comes back with 4 donuts & says I think you deserve a treat (um what was the M&Ms the day before). So I fought the temptation & he ate all four infront of me. I ate rice crackers & skinny dip instead & felt so much better for saying no even though I could really have gone for one of those donuts!

I had to explain to him that I know he has good intentions but I'm trying really hard & would appreciate if he wouldn't put so much temptation in front of me. Does anyone else have problems with partners eating bad food in front of them?
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Re: Fighting temptations

Postby big_love » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:27 am

YES!!!!!

Bacon and eggs!!! Chicken Kiev's!!! Devon!!! Hot Chips!!! All my old friends seem to appear nearly everyday. I have tried to explain to Chris that its really hard when he is eating crap infront of me all the time. He has decided to join my eating once we move, and keep the bacon and egg fry ups for the weekends! Can you try and reach some sort of compromise with your partner?
140/117/85
big_love

Postby Cac33 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:45 am

Thanks Tam, good to see I'm not the only one! Normally it doesn't bother me but it was just one thing after another over the weekend.

He's normally not that bad. I do the shopping so I only buy healthy foods & a few treats for him for snacks during the week. Normally for snacks I eat fruit, carrot sticks, rice crackers & dip, pita chips where he will eat fruit, chips & muslei bars then for lunch we will either have sandwiches or stirfrys etc for lunches.
I rather he ate the bad things at work so its out of my sight but his diet has been improving because he eats what I pack him (he would prefer to do that than make his own lunches!!)
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Postby Tarz » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:59 am

I have that problem.

Any time we go shopping Sam will grab a bag of doritos, or a pack of shapes or a tub of ice cream. and always bottles of coke sometimes 2 (and we shop weekly)

I always tell him you cannot eat them when i am around, or i will want some and i can't have any. He's getting better, i've told him i'm not home monday and Thursday nights so have them then or take them to work.
I really wish he would by coke zero, at least then i can have some every so often but he says it taste horrible. You've done a really good job fighting temptation. Sounds like you have it around a fair bit.
Tarz

Return to Cravings Corner