It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:41 am

Free Newsletter

how do u stop those cravings???

What foods do you crave and how do you keep yourself from eating too much.

Moderator: Moderators

how do u stop those cravings???

Postby anthony88 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:55 am

my biggest weakness is that when i get home from work late at night (10pm) i open the fridge and see all this yummy fatty food that my family has been eating and i just pig out and cant stop..

it makes me angry coz i go soo well during the day eatin the right foods, exercising and i get home really tied and cant stop myself from binge eating??

how can i help myself from getting out of control when i get home from work, i think the worse thing is that im reallly tied, exhausted and take my anger out in the fridge lol if that makes sense..
and i know it would be easier not the have the junk food in the house, but my family is all skinny and healthy and they dont have the problem i do with their weight...
grrrrr it makes me so angry that i try to hard all day then just loose all my hard work when i get home and open the fridge
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w14PlL0/]
[/url]

My First Goal is to be under 110kg reward=gym membership
Christmas '08, i will be under 100kg (BRING IT ON)
~~**IM NOW EATING TO LIVE, NOT LIVING TO EAT**~~
anthony88

Re: how do u stop those cravings???

Postby Lucy22 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:46 pm

Hi Anthony

Man I know exactly what you mean! I too am trying my darndest to break the habbit of binge eating!
My trick with facing the fridge and all the yummy goodies that the rest of the fam eat is to drink 500ml of water before walking into the kitchen - if i was you I'd do this on the way home! Then I allow myself an alcoholic beverage (just one) while I fix dinner and I don't eat a single thing - even taste the food I am cooking untill I am seated at the table and then eat and after dinner I allow myself a few squares of dark chocolate with a cup of tea!

The darker the chocolate the better and a decent brand too! it is satisfying but bitter so you don't tend to over eat. ALso i tend to get bored of drinking just regular tea so I like to have a good brand of chai (from the health food store with lots of spices and flavour) in the cupborad and it is like a treat in itself.

Another trick that I use at lunch is once I have finished my meal (because I always want more) is to have a breath mint that way the flavour in my mouth is ruined and my appetite destroyed!!

Good Luck
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wVxGJsk/]
[/url]

SW=73kg
CW=67.5Kg
GW=63Kg
Mini Goal is to be 68kg by the 30 Oct.
Lucy22

Postby anthony88 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:42 pm

ok thanks lucy.. i will give it a go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w14PlL0/]
[/url]

My First Goal is to be under 110kg reward=gym membership
Christmas '08, i will be under 100kg (BRING IT ON)
~~**IM NOW EATING TO LIVE, NOT LIVING TO EAT**~~
anthony88

Postby JP1 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:12 pm

I just come in this section and let my fantasies run wild :mrgreen: :lol: 8) :wink:
Highs : 107 Kg (24 Sept 2007) : 113.5 Kg (12 Jan 2014) : 112.5 Kg (26 Jan 2016)
Current :99.2 Kg (31 May 2016)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014)
Target : 94 Kgs by 15th Jul
JP1

Postby Kristy89 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:17 pm

Oh I know how you feel. I work till 10pm at night and when I get home I am so hungry. And I am in the habit of staying up late. My boyfriend also works late so if I see him after work he often gets himeself takeaway (hes as skinny as a rake) and it smells sooo good. I can get through the healthy eating during the day with ease.. but I just slip at night!
START:85kg
CURRENT:61.5kg
GOAL:60kg

ULTIMATE GOAL: 58kg
Kristy89

Postby martini85 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:55 pm

I have a hard time with cravings at work, particularly Wednesdays which is free morning tea day in my office, they always bring lamingtons, cookies or pastries around each week.. sigh.. anyway now, I always keep low kJ snacks at my desk.

I snack on things like mushrooms, green beans and dill pickles and drink plenty of fluids, and this keeps me going all day without touching the fatty food. Some people don't like eating raw vegies, as they don't have much flavour, but the best things for me really are the savoury dill pickles - i find them delicious and they fill you up pretty quickly too because they have a high water content, and raw green beans actually taste really good when they are freshly washed and chilled in the fridge.

I have broken my habit of snacking at night.. mainly by eating dinner at the same time each night, then going for a walk every single night after dinner. Keeping to a routine during the week makes it easier for me.

:) Good luck
Start date: 1.4.2007
Start weight: 135kg (300lbs)
Current weight: 70kg (154lbs)
Goal weight: 63kg (138lbs)

martini85 - Amanda
martini85

Postby Jaded » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:50 am

blended fruit juice, mostly water and ice with some oranges/strawberries etc and I allow myself two pieces of toast with nutella, cherry tomatoes are another yummy snack :D good luck it's hard I know I was a junk food junkie
54kgs, goal 50kgs
Jaded

Postby rebeccawhiterabbit » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:51 pm

salt is my downfall :( i find if i have ten pistachio nuts it sorts me out most of the time
rebeccawhiterabbit

Postby Lilly88 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:50 pm

Potato chips are my down fall. I try not to walk up that aisle at the supermarket, if I just can't beat that, I grab a small packet so I don't pig out on them.
4pm is a hard time for me, I try to eat something healthy. Apples are suppose to keep you feeling full longer so I try this or I have a piece of raisin toast.
Seems to help me most days. :)
I am always looking for ways to keep my weight down. check out my blog http://www.ideasforweightloss.blogspot.com & http://www.squidoo.com/tips-for-dieting-and-eating-out
Lilly88

Postby Zolan » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:27 pm

try not to stock them at home.

And when you're going to the supermarket, go after dinner or any other time when you're NOT hungry.

You won't crave it as much if its not there in the first place.
Last edited by EvilWombatQueen on Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Advertising links in signature removed
Zolan

Postby WillBThin50 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:37 am

Hi Anthony88,

Sorry to hear about your predicament, I'm in the same boat. What I did was take control of the fridge and pantry. I write a list and do the shopping, but if I can't, I make my boyfriend do it but to the list. If he deviates from it, he gets an earful. He's allowed his treat but I don't want to see it. The behavioural training has worked well because he only buys yoghurt instead of biscuits and chocolate now. You could also buy low sugar protein shake, and psyllium husks, mix them, and sip them instead of the bad stuff, which works for me.

I also find that filling myself with a massive surge of positive emotion helps. Here is what I would do, call me crazy but it works for me: I see the offensive item, pick it up, imagine myself at the fattest I've ever been, put it down, walk away: and this hurts at first, because I want it soooooo badly and I've had a terrible day and all I wanted was to feel good and relax with an easy meal, but I push that back, deep down and fill myself with a sense of strength and superiority, as though I have just overcomed something monumental, as though I have achieved the impossible. Yes. I replace junk food with smugness :twisted:.

Or in your case, couldn't you just ask your family to replace their fatty meats with Kangaroo, their chips with baked potato and...well...just take healthier options? You would probably all be better off for it. But if not, the tips given by the others above were also very good.
"There is no happiness except in the realization that we have accomplished something" - Henry Ford

"To those who do not know mathematics it is difficult to get across a real feeling as to the beauty, the deepest beauty, of nature ... If you want to learn about nature, to appreciate nature, it is necessary to understand the language that she speaks in." - Richard Feynman

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wWVLKlF/]
[/url]
WillBThin50

Postby patrickkallie » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:37 am

I crave junk foods every now and then, but one thing that I notice is that I pig out on it and my cravings go away for days! Does anyone else go through this? I think it's important to add a "little"junk to your diet to help you keep your sanity.

It's hard to just eat healthy and you never have any junk food right? Let me know if I am crazy or not!?
Last edited by EvilWombatQueen on Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: It is against forum rules to use your signature to post promotional links.
patrickkallie

Return to Cravings Corner