It is currently Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:08 pm

Free Newsletter

Coke

What foods do you crave and how do you keep yourself from eating too much.

Moderator: Moderators

Coke

Postby FBG » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:13 pm

HELP! I am addicted to Coke and I can't stop drinking it. I have it everyday. I don't drink any other soft drink, don't really like them, I don't drink tea or coffee but I can't go without a Coke.

Does anyone have any tips on how to give it up. I struggle with motivation and willpower.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wxzsXzN/]
[/url]
FBG

Re: Coke

Postby Shalimar » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:35 pm

I too had a coke addiction, when I decided that I was going to lose weight I knew that it was going to have to be one of the first things to go.

I started off by replacing the coke with water, If I managed to be good all day water wise I would reward myself with one small glass of coke with my tea. That only lasted about 2 weeks.

One night I was drinking my nightly glass of coke and I couldn't finish it. It tasted sickly sweet. I haven't drank it since. So in almost 10 months I have gone from drinking 2-3 litres a day to drinking none at all.

Best of luck with kicking the coke :wink: .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby FBG » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:52 pm

Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a go......No, new attitude.....I will do it!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wxzsXzN/]
[/url]
FBG

Postby Shalimar » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:57 pm

Go for it, you could surprise yourself. I never, ever thought I could give up the coke :D .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby counrikke » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:04 pm

I just saw this, as I'm a coke addict too. I will try this without doubt. Though, I'm worried that I won't even drink water then. That's bad right?
counrikke

Postby NOC » Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:37 pm

It's a hard habit to kick, a method I'm trying at the moment is. I'll have a small drink in the morning just for the caffeine hit, the rest of the day I drink chilled water. I went out got a heap of sports water bottles and put a heap of them in the fridge with water. I even take a hydration pack with me of icy water when I'm cycling/walking. Taste of coke has been rather different the past weeks. I tried giving up coke cold turkey couple of years back but its the caffeine withdrawals not a good thing... bad headaches and in the end went back to the caffeine soft drink.
Matt

Was: 127kg
Current: 123.4kg
Goal: 90kg
NOC

Postby Blitz » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:38 pm

You might want to try flavouring it with a bit of lemon or orange juice (like a weak cordial) just to give your water some taste.

You will be surprised how quickly the addictiveness of the coke habit will pass once you persist. I use to drink gallons of it daily but now can't stand the stuff. When I start on my weight loss journey I went cold turkey and it's physical reach quickly past. Mentally was another thing. Every weekly shopping trip would have me pass a wonderful display of classic glass bottle cokes that called out to me. Rather than give in I used it as a carrot. I used it as a weight loss incentive. I would allow myself one of them but only if I lost 10 kilos. That way it didn't undermine me because it was "forbidden". By the time I earned the coke...I was over it big time. I didn't enjoy it at all. It tasted really rank and I was over coke forever.

Best of wishes on your coke battle...you can do it!
Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Return to Cravings Corner