It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:27 pm

Free Newsletter

What time of the day do you usually crave for things?

What foods do you crave and how do you keep yourself from eating too much.

Moderator: Moderators

What time of the day do you usually crave for things?

Postby Mary-Anne » Tue May 30, 2006 9:09 pm

For me it's in the afternoon around 4pm , I will be fine before and then my sugar level drop and i find myself working to the shops and buying chocolate and lollies to eat and coke and I will have the whole lot. I need to stop doing it and have the will power. Any ideas how to?

Also what time of the day do you have cravings?
Mary-Anne

Postby Dolly » Wed May 31, 2006 12:51 am

My craving time is all day :oops: but the absolute worst time of the day for me is around 3pm.
People who like to eat in the arvo, usually cannot face a breakfast (and if they force themselves to eat a breakfast they just wet the appetite to start eating extra rather than feeling full for the day)

I personally found that a good way to combat the afternoon cravings is to delay all of your meals - have breakfast at 11am, snack at Noon, lunch at 2pm snack at 3, dinner at 5pm and a snack at 7pm. Drink 6 to 8 glasses of fluid.

Also a good filling snack to have once per day is a 500g tub of chocolate YoGo (only 2.9g of fat)
Freeze the tub then place it in the microwave (lid removed) for 35 to 40 seconds and eat semi-frozen with a small spoon.
Last edited by Dolly on Wed May 31, 2006 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dolly

Postby Groovychic » Wed May 31, 2006 8:26 am

OOOOOOO Dolly I love yogo but so do my kids!!!! It wouldnt last in this place very long. As for my cravings, I'm definitely the worst in the afternoon. But I am also a breakfast eater. Normally I eat by 8am at the latest, depending what time I am intending to exercise. Mornings I am great and it's normally 1pm or later before I sit down to eat again for lunch, then the kids get home about 3.30 and start eating biscuits and things and my partner gets home from work about the same time and we have a coffee together and he eats biscuits or whatever in front of me and I cave! I am not tending to eat after dinner now, not even some ice cream.......how good is that!!! This last tub that's been in the freezer I haven't had any at all! I think it's gone now but I will buy some more today for the kids. And it's my partner's birthday on Sunday and he loves the ice cream cakes I make so I will no doubt have some of that on Sunday as well. I was going to have people over for dinner Saturday night but with my dad being in hospital I will be visiting him Sat arvo with the kids after soccer so I won't have time to cook dinner for guests........so in 1 point that is a good thing!!! Nobody for dinner!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby KimE » Wed May 31, 2006 6:49 pm

I too find the only time I get hungry is in the afternoon. Not at the weekends so much as I sleep in and then the meals are staggered later due to late get up. However, during the week I have my arvo snack around 3-3:30pm but could go another by the time I get in at 5-5:30pm. I almost never give in though and have an earlier dinner or water instead. Once at my goal weight I will need to add a little extra food as 1200 cals will be too low for maintenance so will add an extra healthy snack in the arvo so should take care of that snack attack problem.

Before going on this plan and changing my way of thinking I mentioned to a friend that I always was hungry as soon as I got home from work and would eat anything in sight. She has a friend that calls this time of day 'piranha hour'. :lol:
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Angel » Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:31 pm

:lol: Ha ha, piranha hour - love it!

I don't crave in the afternoons anymore now that I have a filling breakfast. I was one of those people who couldn't eat until I'd been up for a few hours but now I eat within 1/2 hr to 1 hr of getting up. I have been told if you are not hungry at breakfast time that you have overeaten the night before.

When I did get afternoon cravings it was because I ate fruit for breakfast and not something substantial.

Nowadays, I sometimes get cravings around dinner time but if I look at my food diary its because I haven't eaten enough throughout the day.

Can you pinpoint why you crave in the afternoon or is it just one of those things?

I find Diet Jelly a life saver when I need something sweet but don't want something kilojoule laden.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Angel

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:58 pm

I get hungry around 3:30-4 ish. And I have discovered I do need to eat at this time to fuel my trip home on the bike (I usually only crave when I'm riding). I have my bag of dried fruit and cashews and find it's a good nibble, plus the protein in the nuts is filling and the fruit gives me the energy to get home.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby clare » Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:58 pm

like a few others if I eat breakfast when I get up it starts an appetite for the day and I find I am starving around 4pm. I have started to excercise before breakfast. This delays breakfast and all other meals by an hour or two, and I have a large protein intake at lunch...chicken breast or fish. This makes me feel fuller for longer. I have changed my 4pm cheese sausage, coke and chockie bar for a cup of green tea with honey.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
clare

Postby chrispy_josefina » Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:23 pm

I find that the evening is the biggest concern for cravings for me. Then I end up going to the shops and getting chips & chocolate etc. I have found the only way to avoid it is to keep myself busy enough to forget about it.
Christine
xx

chrispy_josefina

Postby hushpuppy » Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:54 pm

the 4 pm killer is my time when my energy level slump and its usually anything i can put my hands on bread ,, chocolate , coke ,bikkies .... i am terrible .... then i eat at like 8 pm when im bored (need to find a hobby lol )
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby CrimsonThunder » Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:04 am

I get extremely hungry late at night... like 10PM - 3AM. I stay up pretty much all night and i get hungry at night. And it usually includes eating chesse, chocolate drinks and sandwhices with jam. :P
- Stevo
CrimsonThunder

Postby Peppy » Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:50 pm

In the afternoon most of the time, I will start to feel the afternoon slump approaching. All time favorite Smith's Potato Crisps Salt & Vinegar and Doritos Nacho Cheese . Trying to limit my my unhealthy snacking habits and am having hard time getting around that. :)
Peppy

Return to Cravings Corner