It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:38 am

Free Newsletter

mmm chocolate...

What foods do you crave and how do you keep yourself from eating too much.

Moderator: Moderators

mmm chocolate...

Postby beginner » Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:31 pm

if they had a choc-a-holic annonimous i would be there...

i love my sweet i crave it every day...
i would have lunch and be full but wil stil buy a pack of lollies to eat... or a cake or chocolate...

tried apple, nut but they just dont do it for me...
coffee, tea dont work...
although sometme green tea may work...

anyone has any secrets to help stop...

linda
beginner

Postby Dolly » Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:44 pm

Hi Linda,
To get the craving for chocolate out of your system I recommend two ways
1. A form of self hypnosis. Close your eyes and imagine that the secret ingredient in chocolate is dirty hair off the hairdressers cutting-room floor, so everytime you hear the word chocolate you'll feel like vomiting.
IF THAT FAILS
2. Buy yourself a box of Jarrah Chocolatte extreme Choc. (There's 10 sachets per box)
It's 99% fat free.
I would only recommend having two cups per day as you don't want the sugar content to prevent you from losing weight.
Dolly

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:05 pm

wean yourself off it.

I used to be the same. Choccie for morning tea, whenever I needed a pick me up while studying, for afternoon tea and a couple of bars to provide energy for the walk home. Then maybe some for dessert. And with a cup of tea. And another just for good measure. And one for the road. And heck, why not have one more, just to finish off the block.

I switched to 85% cocoa chocolate (cadbury's "dark" chocolate is only around 40%, lindt is a good brand). It gives you the cocoa fix but without as much fat and sugar badness. Be prepared to crave sugar for about 3 - 4 weeks. When you get cravings, do something else for a little while. If you still need the choccie, have a square of Lindt 85% cocoa chocolate of a cup of hot cocoa (cocoa powder unsweetened, a little milk and hot water).

A block of chocolate now lasts much longer in my house, but I still buy it only infrequently. I also now cannot handle as much sugar as previously which is good.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Leishkin » Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:34 am

my problem is the charity boxes at work (they're a constantly refilled thing - 70c for fun sized bar..etc..) - the way I've dealt with it the last 2 weeks is to say that if I resist them all week, then I can have one on friday. this week I was bad and had to have one on wednesday, so I don't get one today!!

if I'm craving it really bad I usually go and make myself a coffee with a little bit of chocolate powder in it, that way I'm not being too unhealthy, and I still get that little bit of chocolatey goodness :)
Leishkin

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:49 am

i agree with dolly about the jarrah hot chocolates :) theyre yummo :)
kate_turner2000

Postby SarahC » Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:10 pm

Re the charity chocolates etc at work... what I do is make sure that I don't have any change in my purse at all. We have a vending machine here that only accepts $2 coins. So, I make sure that there are no $2 coins in my purse, that way I can't buy any chocolate even if I wanted it!

Maybe try keeping all your coins in your car, or in a jar at home. Then it is not possible to buy the chocolates :)

Another idea, which may not be to everyone's taste... I buy a lot of Aussie Bodies HPLC Bars, cut them up into 4 pieces (the bars are 100g, so I get 4 x 25g pieces) and take a piece to work for morning tea each day. They are extremely sweet and chocolatey, but the carb/sugar content is only 6% (6g carb per 100g bar). And they're 45% protein too... yum :)

I agree with Dolly about the self-hypnosis, and the Jarrah, also works really well...
SarahC

Postby Ally » Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:05 pm

Hi Linda I am a BIG chocolate fan (especially around "that time". I have found having one of the Jarrah Extreme Chocolate drinks each evening has helped me a lot. I haven't had the urge to eat chocolate since I have started having it and for me that is a big achievement....I am with Dolly though, don't have any more than 2 per day, however I found that one was enough.

Give it a go for a while and see how you go!! Good luck! :wink:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby laura » Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:08 pm

I'm a chocaholic :oops: :oops: . It gets really bad sometimes, I become agitated, restless and I end up going to the petrol station to buy chocolate, after I eat it I feel guilty for the rest of the day and I promise myself I'm not going to do it again :roll: .
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wVPFGZa/]
[/url]
laura

Postby lollilova » Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:49 pm

I don't think I have ever met anyone who wasn't a Chocoholic!

I think the no money in the purse is a good idea.

I try not to buy any chocolate or lollies, if they aren't in the house you can't eat them, but my son is toilet training at the moment and his reward is half a lolly... I get the other half, then another, then another. I have been giving him the natural confectionary ones as they don't taste as nice as normal Allens lollies (obviously!) but I still cant stop!

I am off to the shops now to get myself some Jarrah... yummo!
Bianca x

lollilova

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:47 pm

ive had two jarrahs today :oops:
kate_turner2000

Postby hushpuppy » Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:55 pm

heh i just found hidden in the cupboard the rocher chocolates so i wrapped the quick smart to give away to SIL heeheh
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby epineh » Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:30 pm

honestly I am NOT a choc a holic...my downfall is fried foods like chips and dim sims etc...but when I do get the odd choc craze ovalteenies are great very light and great in taste...good luck :)
epineh

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:30 am

i remember ovalteenies from school! hehe.

good one jules! give them away i tell ya! im a chocolate and lolly and ice cream lover, mick (my fiance) likes potato chips and bikkies!
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:33 am

They still sell ovalteenies up here every so often Kate!! I always buy them for the kids when they are available and pinch one off of each of the 4 of them!!! :lol:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby bluebox451 » Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:40 am

Mmmmmmmmmmmm.....Jarrah drinks. As well as drinking them sometimes I put a teaspoon in my oats for breakfast but lately i have been putting 2 teaspoons :oops: :oops: :oops:
Is that stuff addictive or what????
Liz.
bluebox451

Next

Return to Cravings Corner