It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:50 pm

Free Newsletter

Did you gain when you ate take away for the first time?

What foods do you crave and how do you keep yourself from eating too much.

Moderator: Moderators

Did you gain when you ate take away for the first time?

Postby FatFukShrinking » Wed May 19, 2010 10:42 am

I had take away last night for the first time in about a month. I got chinese vegetarian singapore noodles, and vegetarian fried rice. I ended up eating sooo much, there is still heaps left so i had another 2 plates full for breakfast. I'm trying to make someone else eat the rest lol.

I think what i will be doing for the rest of the day is having 2 shakes to replace lunch and dinner. Just to give my body a chance to process all this food. I would completely skip the rest of todays meals, but i know that is bad for you.

I weigh in on Tuesdays so i am at the start of my weight loss week. Hopefully my take away won't see me have a gain next week. I don't think i will choose chinese if i get take away again, there's too much left over! Next time i just want to get enough food for 1 regular serving.

How do you go with take away? What do you get, and did it make you gain?

I'm going to resume normal eating tomorrow, and kick up my exercise to try and stop myself getting a gain. I'm still very worried though. The food didn't taste good enough to warrant a gain lol.

SW: 121.3kg - 20/04/2010
First Goal: 109 kilos (Losing 10% of my body weight)
Second Goal: 99 kilos (Getting out of triple digits)
Third goal: 85 kilos (Getting back to a weight where i felt more like ME)
Ultimate long term goal: 60 kilos (Losing half of my start weight)
FatFukShrinking

Re: Did you gain when you ate take away for the first time?

Postby court » Wed May 19, 2010 11:40 am

Drink LOTS of water!!!
You wont so much put on weight from one binge on takeaway but the sodium in the foods will make you retain water so get it into you to flush it all out!! :)
I find that when i eat takeaway I generally put on water weight for a few days but lots of water generally takes care of it :D
(throw the rest in the bin!!! :lol: )
court

Postby FatFukShrinking » Wed May 19, 2010 11:50 am

Hey Court,

I'm onto the water right now lol. Sodium is a pain! I never used to pay attention to sodium until i started to buy cans of tuna. Some have low cals, low fat, super high sodium. Now i try to get stuff with a lower sodium content, even if it means that it's higher cals and fat.

Also i used to use Worcestershire sauce and Soy sauce, thinking it was healthy for me! It's super high in sodium! You can get a low salt soy sauce, but i prefer to just avoid it. I was actually cooking with it instead of using olive oil. :shock:

SW: 121.3kg - 20/04/2010
First Goal: 109 kilos (Losing 10% of my body weight)
Second Goal: 99 kilos (Getting out of triple digits)
Third goal: 85 kilos (Getting back to a weight where i felt more like ME)
Ultimate long term goal: 60 kilos (Losing half of my start weight)
FatFukShrinking

Postby Princess Juki » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:37 pm

My bad weeks always seem to coincide with the times that I go out. I agree that drinking water afterwards is important but remember that after overeating it does take some time for your body to process the food. Maybe also make sure to eat up on low fat and high fibre foods.

To fit in to my Wedding Dress:
Bust: Start (113cm) Current (108cm) Goal (90cm)
Waist: Start (93.5cm) Current (87cm) Goal (70cm)
Hips: Start (119.5cm) Current (111cm) Goal (99cm)
Princess Juki

Return to Cravings Corner