It is currently Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:44 pm

Free Newsletter

Sweet tooth cravings....pasties, chocolate..yum!

What foods do you crave and how do you keep yourself from eating too much.

Moderator: Moderators

Sweet tooth cravings....pasties, chocolate..yum!

Postby nicegal » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:13 pm

How do u go about the 'sweets' cravings? its easy for me to steer away from fried foods..greasy and salty foods..its the sugar cravings i have. i have been doing well avoiding them since i've started this diet but gees the temptations there! and with children, i need to have some 'junk' in the house for them (not heaps though, and have stocked up more with fruit).
Buying my wholemeal bread from the Bakery is the hardest..i see my biggest craver everytime i go there..pastries! my fav being the custard puffs (that flakey pastry with jam, custard & cream inside with icing on the top) ..mmm love them..and apple pies with cream....so hard to say no to them..but have been.
And then theres the chocolate craving. I have none in the house but i will stress out about not finding any chocolate when i crave for it! Its like taking your cigarettes away (which i haven't smoked for years and years,but i remember the feeling.. and its how i got fat in the firstplace from giving up).
How long will it take for these crazy cravings to pass....
How do you cope with these sugar cravings? What can u have to replace them? :)
nicegal

Re: Sweet tooth cravings....pasties, chocolate..yum!

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:21 pm

Yeah, I'm a sweet tooth too, self confessed member of chocaholics anonymous.

How have I got around the cravings? I don't go to a place that I know will be a high risk spot when I'm hungry or without chewing gum. If I get a craving, I check to see why it is that I'm craving (usually it's psychological, like procrastinating ) and then try and grab the gum to delay the possibility of me putting anything in my mouth, by which time it's usually passed. I find the longer I go without a big sugar binge the easier it is.

I have also got the hubby to put a lock on the bikkie jar that only he has the key to and I've stopped taking my money to work and uni so I can't buy stuff (strangely enough I now don't crave there which proves it's all psychological).

Finally, I'm easy on myself if I do cave in occasionally. I just minimise the damage and jump back on the chocoholics anonymous bandwagon. One day at a time... one day at a time...
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Re: Sweet tooth cravings....pasties, chocolate..yum!

Postby nicegal » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:48 am

Great tips there! thanks butterfly dawn.
(its hard with kids u need some junk in the house for them... but im not a savory person so much so i try to have their treats as savory stuff like chips. i need to make sure no one in the house eats choccy in front of me!)
nicegal

Return to Cravings Corner