It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:59 am

Free Newsletter

yummy disasters :)

What foods do you crave and how do you keep yourself from eating too much.

Moderator: Moderators

yummy disasters :)

Postby mkelly » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:28 pm

I find it extremely hard to give up hot chips, and not just a few but it has to be a whole boat load. haha That and ice cream with milk chocolate shavings and peanuts mixed together... amazing! I have the tendency to eat one type of food over and over again until I get bored of it. Then on to the next yummy disaster. I think the best way to "avoid" a craving is to feed it, with a healthy alternative. So, instead of a greasy pizza, make a homemade one... then you'll know for sure that no one has spit in it! :D And, being prepared, for me, is probably the best way to avoid overeating in the first place.
mkelly

Re: yummy disasters :)

Postby CronicBadger » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:06 pm

Same here re hot chips, and the greasier the better. Unfortunately, 100g will be at least 850 Kj and a lot of that energy will be from the saturated fat (which is bad news).

What I do is eat, very occasionally, low-fat frozen chips from the supermarket. These are about 500 Kj per 100g (about a handful of chips). I'll eat 300g in a sitting. That's only 1500 Kj provided the chips are microwaved or baked in an oven without any added oil. They're not too bad, but I prefer the greasy fish&chip shop variety.
CronicBadger

Return to Cravings Corner