It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:22 am

Free Newsletter

Anything with SUGAR!

What foods do you crave and how do you keep yourself from eating too much.

Moderator: Moderators

Anything with SUGAR!

Postby Summer » Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:28 am

I crave anything with sugar in it....cakes, cookies, ice cream, candy. And you know what I find to help me bunches? Coffee and hot tea sweetened with splenda with either skim milk or sugar free creamer. It's like it satisfied that craving for something sweet and also suppresses my appetite. My favorite place for ground coffee is Barnies. They have a huge variety of flavors for coffee including White Chocolate Mouse, Fudge Brownie, and Cool Cafe Blues. Also, chai tea is wonderful! All of these coffees and teas have no calories in them and since their liquid, they fill you up. With the chai tea, add a bit of skim milk and splenda and it's so delicious. They have a new flavor of chai tea out now....chocolate caramel...yum!
Summer

Postby Dolly » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:03 am

whilst I've weaned myself off chemical sweetners and slow release sweetners (rather have a teaspoon of natural sugar if I'm really desperate) that chocolate caramel drink does sound so delish.
Don't think we have a Barnies here in West Oz, I'll go search for one.
Where abouts are you from Summer?

Dolly
Dolly

Postby Serena » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:50 am

I love chai tea too. It's so yummy but the stuff you can buy from the supermarkets is no comparison to a fresh brew from a coffee house. I like to put a teaspoon of honey in chai tea as a sweetener.
Serena

where I'm from

Postby Summer » Thu Sep 15, 2005 3:55 am

I'm from Alabama, USA
Summer

Postby Dolly » Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:26 am

Are you still getting warm weather over there? Our spring has started and I'm looking forwrd to summer which starts on December 1st here in australia.

You contribute so many handy tips to the forum, I'm so glad you're part of the team.

Dolly
Dolly

Postby lyla » Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:32 pm

i'm really bad if i have a craving for something sweet.. i'll eat anything i can get even if i don't particularly like it
lyla

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:04 pm

I used to be like that Lyla, but I have really cut down on my sugar and chocolate. When I have chocolate I have lindt 85% cocoa chocolate. Now if I have anything too sugary, I get a headache and feel sick so I don't crave things like that any more.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby jaydees » Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:15 pm

the usa is a bit far to go for a coffee.lol.but there are some nice little cafes around oz.i am sure we could stop our cravings here somewhere.i make a coffee on skim milk if i am desperate cause that is filling.good winter warmer!
jaydees

Return to Cravings Corner