It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:04 am

Free Newsletter

Im craving!

What foods do you crave and how do you keep yourself from eating too much.

Moderator: Moderators

Im craving!

Postby Jisgone » Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:12 pm

I sooo want fish and chips for tea tonight, i think because im bored. Im sitting home doing nothing when i should be going to the gym, someone come kick my ass!
Jisgone

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:51 pm

*kick kick kick*

you dont need those stinkin fish and chips jewles. go to the gym! or go for a brisk walk for awhile :) do you have a bottle of water at hand to keep your feeling full? dont forget how well you have done so far!
kate_turner2000

Postby slimmindown » Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:09 pm

you dont need it jewles ,do it for team AQUA :lol:

think how good you'll feel in the morning if you RESIST RESIST RESIST those naughty chips and FISH :lol: :lol:
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby KimE » Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:45 pm

Nope don't need it at all. Crank the music and do some dancing or go for a walk. Even better a hard class at the gym. :D

How did you go?
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Jisgone » Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:49 pm

I did it!!
i went to the gym and did a workout :)
now im too sweaty and stinky to go to the fish and chip shop without people running away scared hehe
im trying to find a recipe for a healthy chicken coconut curry thing, but it seems it doesnt exist!
Jisgone

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:19 pm

(found these for you jewles- theyre not my recipes!)

Sir Winston’s Pub, Vernon BC is where I first tried this pasta. It was excellent. From memory I tried to duplicate the recipe. I tried it for the first time last week. Others who have had Sir Winston’s pasta agree this is a close copy.

2 boneless skinless chicken breast
curry powder (yellow curry - or garam masala)
1 can coconut milk
red pepper
mandarin orange slices
cooked pasta (ie. penne, is great)

So this is basically how I did it…

Cut up chicken into small bitesized cubes. Put in a large skillet. Saute a few minutes then add sprinkling of curry. Don’t over do it because you just want to season the chicken a bit or the flavor will be too intense. There is more curry added later. Cook til chicken is no longer pink. Gradually add coconut milk. Stirring to mix in the curry. Add in smaller batches so that it can heat and start to thicken on its own. Once all the coconut milk is added, add thinly sliced red pepper. Cook on a low-med simmer until sauce is thicker and the red peper strips are softened slightly. Taste sauce, add curry as desired and s&p. Add mandarin orange slices, toss gently. Toss with cooked pasta. YUM.

Coconut Curry Recipe

1 Tbs. virgin coconut oil
1 can of coconut milk* (1 1/2 or 2 cans if you like curry with more sauce)
1 tsp. chopped garlic
2 pinches of sea salt, or to taste
4 large potatoes, peeled and chopped
1/2 head large cauliflower, chopped
2 cups zucchini, chopped
2 Tbs. curry powder
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp. ground ginger

In a bowl, stir together the curry powder, cumin, nutmeg, and ginger.

Steam potatoes for 20 minutes, adding cauliflower for the last 5 minutes. Heat coconut oil in a large saucepan. Add garlic and zucchini. Cook until zucchini softens a bit. Add the steamed potatoes and cauliflower to the saucepan. Add coconut milk. Stir in the spices and salt. Continue stirring until spices are incorporated. Serve by itself or over brown rice or quinoa.

Serves five.

*Most grocery stores now carry canned coconut milk that contains 0.003% or zero preservatives. If you cannot find a good source at your local supermarket, try visiting a Chinese grocery store.
kate_turner2000

Postby Jisgone » Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:53 pm

Thanks! i might try one of those tomorrow night
my parents are away so im playing chef for me and my brothers who think food magically appears at 6pm every night :) the problem is my brothers whos a personal trainer is trying to gain weight as im trying to lose it, it makes for some ineteresting meals :)
Jisgone

Postby Ally » Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:01 am

Good on you Jewels for not giving into temptation!!! You will feel so much better to know that you did a work out instead of eating fried greasy fat-ladened fish and chips. You should hold your head up and be proud mate!!

If our family wants fish and chips nowadays (which isn't very often, we had it the other night for the first time in 3 months), I get a grilled fish and salad. Very yummy, with out the added fat and cals!! I don't know if your fish shop has this option, though. I know I get tired of cooking for 6 every night sometimes (especially TTOTM) and it is nice to line up healthier take away option just in case!! :wink:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby KimE » Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:10 am

Nice work Jewles you should be proud of yourself. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby SarahC » Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:20 am

Well done Jewles for resisting the temptation :D Grilled fish with salad is a great option.. that's what I do when I'm visiting my parents and they're having fish and chips for dinner. And the last line of defence... supplementation lol. It is cheating, and I'm not sure if it works, but Thompson's Fat Blocker cannot be undervalued :lol: :roll:
SarahC

Postby Ally » Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:19 am

I am not sure how it rates calorie or fat wise, but I notice that Carnation Light milk now has its own Carnation Light Coconut milk..might be worth a look into..it is in the powdered and uht milk aisle :wink:
[/url]
Ally

Postby Jisgone » Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:47 pm

Instead of my fish and chips i went to the shops today and got some meditteranean fish fillet things, which is just fish with a salsa type thing, only 7 grams of fat and they have the heart tick, and i think ill have it with a baked potato with a drop of light sour cream. Healthier and just as yum :P
Jisgone

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:59 pm

mmmm sour cream
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:24 pm

Uh oh Jewels you mentioned *whispers* sour cream...Kate is to sour cream what the cookie monster is to cookies!!!! LOL :P
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:12 am

:P :D :D
kate_turner2000

Next

Return to Cravings Corner