It is currently Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:47 am

Free Newsletter

maltesers, peanut m&m's and salt and vinegar chips

What foods do you crave and how do you keep yourself from eating too much.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:57 pm

It does suck a bit working weird hours... When I work the evenings, usually around 4-4:30 until 7-8:30ish, depends on how busy it is, I always have a snack just before I leave, and I'm still usually so hungry by the time I'm finished!! Luckily there's no food around work except for apples, and I never feel like eating at work anyway!!

I find it much worse some Saturday mornings when I think I'm working 8-12, and a massage gets booked in during the morning so sometimes I'm there til 2, and I'm absolutely dead to the world and running on empty. All I can do when I get home is just sit, and get food for myself to get some energy into me!! I know I should have a snack with me but I'd rather just wait it out and have something decent to eat when I get home.

Gone are the days of when I worked in office admin and could just wander over to the kitchen and get something to munch on at my desk!!! Probably a good thing :D

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:06 pm

err i hate hospitality too sarah. i would work at a preschool from 8.30am-4.30pm and drive straight to my second job at a club and work from i did this all through my pregnancy too. during the day i ate pretty well because at preschool we have to demonstrate good eating habits to the kiddies :P and at morning tea time id have apples as well. but once id get to the club (the biggest on the central coast) id have food left over from functions (mostly pastry things) there were often krispy kreme donuts in boxes in the staff room, lots of vending machines around the place so on my breaks id head to them with some change, maccas, kfc, subway and dominos are right out the front door in the car park so i would head to them, and even in the club there were a few places to eat so i could get a meal from them as well. with it being such a long day and having stupid break times and so on and on the way home stopping for fuel and getting lollies and coke to have on the way home- no wonder i put on weight! but i was pregnant and pretty much used it as an excuse! but i think the baby (heidi) took a lot of it in because i didnt put on weight whilst pregnant its just afterwards i did! no wonder she has such a SwEET smile hehe ;)

Postby hushpuppy » Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:04 pm

ewwwwwwwwww penut butter thats one thing i can do without it stick to your mouth and is gritty . each to there own i guess
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg

Postby Ally » Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:16 am

heheheheehe are right mate, each to their own!! LOL I can take it or leave it...Don't get me wrong I like peanut butter, but I would never eat the Kraft light one as it tastes just like a gritty mass of sugar!!! Has to be the real thing for me!!! LOL :lol:

Postby Sassygirl » Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:39 pm

I must be weird because I never saw the attraction with Peanut Butter!!!!!
2008 - my year to be great!!

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:34 pm

id never be one who would choose peanut butter but after seeing brad pitt in meet joe black and the peanut butter scene i just drooled- have loved it every since :P

Return to Cravings Corner