It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:29 am

Free Newsletter

late night cravings

What foods do you crave and how do you keep yourself from eating too much.

Moderator: Moderators

late night cravings

Postby Iwillbefit » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:02 pm

So what do you crave and how do you stop yourself getting over it? Apart from giving in of course :D

If I have a veryyy light dinner I find at about 9 - 10pm I start getting hungry, like now lol so what is okay to have? An egg?
I cracked the 90kg mark for the first time in two years, I'm happy!!
Iwillbefit

Postby Ally » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:37 pm

A piece of fruit or some low fat yoghurt (or both together). Sometimes I will just have a warm milk or even and aktavite made on warm milk if I get peckish too...this usually stops the munchies!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Iwillbefit » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:43 pm

OK I just had half a tub of yogurt, half a kavli crispbread, two bites from the chocolate cake that I was supposed to get rid of this morning, two spoons of the cottage cheese....bloody hell its all over the place.

At least now I know two things that affect me badly - diagreements with the family and late night cravings... :evil:
Iwillbefit

Postby Ally » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:50 pm

the cottage cheese is all over the place??? what are you doing girl, did you miss your mouth!! LOL :P

As I said before mate in another post wait until you are calm and write a list of distractions to do when these situations arise.

A good tip is to clean your teeth at night time at the first sign of wanting something to eat....it tastes crappy then!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Iwillbefit » Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:53 am

looool nah man, I think you know what I meant that like my eating was all over the place...

well I had a good start today so I hope I keep it up lol
Iwillbefit

Postby Chelle » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:39 pm

I've read that you are not aloud to eat after a certain time at night like 2-3 hours before you go to bed other wise you will put on weight coz you are not letting your food settle in your stomach befoe going to sleep Mabe drink a glass of water or have a hot cup of tea.
I say that your metabolisim is out of wack, that's why you are getting these urges to eat so late at night.
Chelle

Postby Shelli » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:34 pm

I SO know what you mean!

I am forced to make an early dinner (around 5-5.30pm) as my son will snack too much otherwise and not eat his dinner. If I don't let him snack, he complains he is hungry.

I am just NOT hungry at this time, so I either make him some to eat alone or join him, with a very small amount of food. (Which totally satisfies me at this time).

YET, about 9pm, I want food!

Actually, I just made myself some chicken nachos with mountain bread and mozz cheese. Very nice! But I don't go to bed until at least 1am so I figure my body had time to digest it before sleep and I drink losts of water.

I guess it would depend on what you eat during the day and your bedtime as to what is best to eat later at night, but fruit is always good!

If you are a bit of a night-owl like me, have a much smaller dinner and have something little more substantial at this time.

I prefer not to eat at all when my son does, but I like to make dinner a family thing regardless of what I am eating!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/ww4C8GD/]
[/url]
Shelli

Return to Cravings Corner