It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:33 am

Free Newsletter

ice cream

What foods do you crave and how do you keep yourself from eating too much.

Moderator: Moderators

ice cream

Postby aramat1980 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:50 am

Hi, I just want to eat ice cream. At night, when the kids have gone to bed and I'm watching my tv shows, I want to eat ice cream. Why? Can anyone help me to STOP EATING IT????? it's my only farce. I am very good at every other time with food and exercise but come 8.30 onwards, WHAM, here comes the ice cream junkie. :evil:
aramat1980

Postby SarahC » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:18 am

I'm exactly the same! The other night I had no icecream in the house and a massive craving... I got dressed and drove to the supermarket, bought the icecream, then proceded to eat almost the whole tub!! I am now refusing to buy anymore icecream for at least another month as punishment.

So yeah best advice I can give is just don't buy it... if it's not in the house you cannot eat it :wink:
SarahC

Postby aramat1980 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:00 am

Luckily for me, i can't get in the car and go coz I recently became single mamma so can't leave kids at home alone.
Thing is, when it's not there, I nearly start pacing, going nuts! weird huh, and then i start looking for anything i have in the place? maybe i should eat yoghurt or milk?
aramat1980

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:16 am

i lurve ice cream- and chocolate!

u could get a low fat ice cream like the weight watchers ones, or the low fat mousses, or a sorbet? i ate the carb smart ice cream when i was losing weight- the taste isnt as nice as normal ice cream but it will do for the cravings!

but as sarah said- dont have it in the house if u cant control urself
kate_turner2000

Postby Dee » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:31 am

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm Ice Cream

I think my mission in life is to taste every flavour...

Hey why don't you try freezing yoghurt? It tastes as good as the stuff you buy in the icecream isle - it's lower in sugar and you don't feel guilty after eating it. Just leave it out of the freezer for about five minutes before you eat it, otherwise it's rock solid!

Dee
[url=http://www.phenforum.com/ticker/]
[/url]
Dee

Postby aramat1980 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:36 am

why does the bad stuff taste sooooo yummy
aramat1980

Postby electrongirl » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:46 am

I get the Mini Weis bars. On WW they range from 1-2 points depending on the flavour and I find they satisfy my cravings.

Also the WW mini tubs are good too.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby Ally » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:44 am

those mini WW tubs are really nice!! oooh mini weiss bars....will have to look out for them!

I make up the easy yo ice cream....very nice
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby aramat1980 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:50 am

I got the WW little tubs and have had them thrice!
aramat1980

Postby aramat1980 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:52 am

I think I need to take a photo of myself (in my underpants!!) and put it in the drawer in the freezer where the ice cream is/should be. :oops:
aramat1980

Postby Ally » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:56 am

now that is actually quite a good idea mate!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Justjudy » Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:20 am

You could be talking about me Tamara. I also have trouble with icecream in front of the tv, and am on my own once the kids go to bed (I am a single mum too). I often get on the forum, so I don't eat the icecream, and I like to keep my hands busy, so I stitch or knit if I am watching tv. It doesn't always work, but sometimes is better than doing it all the time. :D

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby aramat1980 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:29 am

Hi Judy,
You're doing a great job going by your weight tracker. If you can do it, so can I!
Where in Australia are you?
Sometimes I don't even feel like it but am just so used to it I guess. Last time I lost weight I was drinking a mug of Horlicks at night and that was all. It was winter time though so maybe I can start that again with it starting to get that way!!!
aramat1980

Postby A_Corner_Of_The_Earth » Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:48 pm

Tamara, like you are with ice-cream I am with strawberry jam on toast :lol: .

You could try substituting ice-cream for frozen low fat yogurt or get colombo ice-cream (it's very low fat and low cal).

If you can't resist having ice-cream each day don’t- Just watch your portion. Instead of having half a cup allow yourself to have 2 teaspoons (not heaped though) with some fruit. That way you’re cutting your portion down heaps and you still have the sweet taste of fruit to get through as well. Just make sure you don't overload on sugar throughout the day and you are within your daily cal/kj intake you should be fine. It's all about making small gradual steps.

When your body gets used to all the yummy healthy food you are feeding it, you won't be so tempted to eat as much ice-cream.

If you really want to stop you could always write a list of things you could do to keep you distracted.

Hope everything goes well.

GW1 - 70kgs
GW2 - 67kgs
GW3 - 60kgs
A_Corner_Of_The_Earth

Postby SarahC » Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:33 pm

I used to put a post-it note on my tub of icecream and on it would record the date and how many servings I ate (a serving being as stated on the label ie. 48g or something!). The idea being that I would eat only one serving a day. It did work... until I started recording down two or three servings each day or more :roll:
SarahC

Next

Return to Cravings Corner