It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:43 pm

Free Newsletter

potato scallops

What foods do you crave and how do you keep yourself from eating too much.

Moderator: Moderators

potato scallops

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:51 am

hey guys and gals i was wondering if anyone knew of a healthy rendition of the humble potato scallop you usually buy from you local takeaway store? if anyone has a recipe that tastes just like potato scallops minus the oily deep frying part can you please post it!! can batter be cooked in the oven?
kate_turner2000

Postby Justjudy » Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:38 am

I wouldn't mind something like that too Kate. When I was doing WW I would save up my points for days on end just so that I could have one on the weekend.

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby Kaz » Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:06 pm

I am guessing that potato scallops are a type of potato fritter???

Here is a recipe for you not sure if it helps or not!!!

Just ignore the rest of the recipe if you want it is for steak with cashew pesto and potato cakes.....

Ingredients (serves 4)
4 scotch fillet steaks
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salad greens, to serve

Basil cashew pesto
1 cup firmly packed basil leaves
1 garlic clove, crushed
1/2 cup roasted cashew nuts
1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup olive oil
Potato cakes

3 Pontiac potatoes, peeled
1 small brown onion, finely chopped
1 egg, lightly beaten
Method
Make pesto Process basil, garlic, cashew nuts and parmesan in a food processor until well combined. With motor running, pour oil into feed tube in a steady stream, continuing to process until pesto is thick. Transfer to a bowl. Cover.

Make potato cakes Coarsley grate potatoes. Squeeze to remove excess moisture. Place potato, onion, egg, and salt and pepper into a small bowl. Mix well to combine. Shape into 4 cakes. Cover with plastic wrap.

Preheat barbecue plate on medium heat. Brush steaks with 1 tablespoon of oil. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 4 minutes each side for medium. Remove from heat. Cover with foil. Stand for 5 minutes.

Grease barbecue plate with remaining oil. Cook potato cakes for 4 minutes each side, pressing down to flatten, or until golden brown and cooked through.

Place a potato cake onto each plate. Top with steaks and pesto. Serve with salad.

Notes & tips
To prevent pesto from discolouring, place a piece of plastic wrap onto the surface. For long-term storage, transfer to a sterilised jar, covering surface with a layer of extra virgin olive oil each time you use pesto. Store in the fridge.

Starting Weight: 94 kg (2 September 08)
Current Weight:93 kg
Goal Weight: 75 kg

1st goal is to lose 5 kg.... Reward Dye my hair!!!
Kaz

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:09 pm

thanks for posting that it looks great kaz. i was more after a batter type covered potato but ill try this out and let u know what i think! yum yum
kate_turner2000

Postby Kaz » Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:18 pm

This is the website I go to if I am after a recipe. Not all of them are low fat but I usually TINKER[/u] with them to make them healthier.

http://www.taste.com.au/

This is basically all of the super food ideas and good taste and delicious magazines recipes on one site. Just type in a food or theme and all the recipes that match in the data base come up.

Starting Weight: 94 kg (2 September 08)
Current Weight:93 kg
Goal Weight: 75 kg

1st goal is to lose 5 kg.... Reward Dye my hair!!!
Kaz

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:38 pm

thanks kaz it looks great :) will scope it all out :)
kate_turner2000

Postby yummymummy » Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:42 am

you could try thinly slicing potatoes , and crumbing it by dipping in beaten egg and dipping it in fine bread crumbs spray with cooking spray and bake in oven, I ve crumbed and baked other things like this and they come out crispy but Ive not tried potatoes
Jody
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Return to Cravings Corner